RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Central US » UP Mile Posts and Name Data

Author Topic: UP Mile Posts and Name Data
pporro
Member # 31539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pporro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know where I can find this information? There's kind of "cryptic" message on the UP site, about available based on need.

Found a nice starter on the WI DOT site, has some of the mystery crossing names.

I'm listening to the scanner and would like to know where these places are, that have old names or rail only names.

Specifically looking for Wisconsin MPs and names. (UP - CN - CPRS? - WSOR) The four that are near me. But I have a UP mainline out the front door, within earshot, a CN spur off to the East, and slightly West (I hear them often) UP Industrial North-West.

Otherwise I'll be forced to get a map and start adding, one by one.

Currently here's my favorite because it has crossing to the South and the North, nice and open for video. Two lines (less waiting?) [Wink]

-
free image hosting

Call it stupid, but Franks and Kraut? Maybe it's just being from Wisconsin. And MP 66 is just up the road a bit. Very nice.

Then there's this in many spots...

-
gif hosting

Painted over? But the same numbers that they seem to be using? Why?

Posts: 23 | From: Milwaukee-North | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pporro
Member # 31539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pporro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must have been a really tough question?

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/localgov/docs/railmap.pdf

No one has access to the UP map with location names?

Posts: 23 | From: Milwaukee-North | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See your email as found on your web site.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page