RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » Railway maps??

Author Topic: Railway maps??
CSX Wolf
Member # 1242

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CSX Wolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have looked all over the internet and into several books and have not yet found any good maps of south eastern Pa.(mainly in the Philadelphia area).Does ayone know of any good websites or perhaps a book that will show me a good close up diagram of the rails?--any help is appreciated.thank you very much.
Posts: 10 | From: phila.,pa | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrlithian
Member # 1129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrlithian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't specify what time period you are interested in, but this URL is an absolute treasure trove of Pennsy history and old maps, including interlocking diagrams and yard maps: http://broadway.pennsyrr.com/Rail/Prr/

And this site has .pdf maps, including a 1917 Pennsylvania Railroad Map showing the railroad system for the Northeastern US: http://www.goldbug.com/digitalmaps.html

Try going to Google and search on "pennsylvania railroad maps" -- I got over 27,000 hits.

Good luck and Regards

Posts: 52 | From: Lithia, Fl, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nscsxt
Member # 1231

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nscsxt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SVP's Railroad Atlas for the Northeast will be a good source. You can pick them at almost any place that sells railroad books. This is a paperback book. I have one and I like it a lot.
Posts: 5 | From: Hagerstown, Maryland, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page