RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » Sunset Limited : fueling question

Author Topic: Sunset Limited : fueling question
Buslady
Member # 1266

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Buslady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering...When we rode the #2 I noticed the train didnt stop for fueling. Does it stop at all or can it make it fine without stopping. If it dont have to refuel, to go that far isnt bad at all. 'Course this is diesel, best kind of engine in the world
If we do stop, where to we stop?

Posts: 47 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Burden
Member # 88

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Burden   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When we rode the Sunset westbound 2 years ago we made a fuel stop somewhere around San Antonio, if I remember correctly. We went from New Orleans to LA and I think that was the only fuel stop we made.

Dave

Posts: 73 | From: Unity, NH | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took the Sunset Limited from Tucson to Jacksonville and back about four years ago. The train refueled in Tucson, I believe in San Antonio, and in New Orleans. This was back in the days of the F-40s. Things might be different now.

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page