RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » former conrailers

Author Topic: former conrailers
conrailkid
Member # 1898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for conrailkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would like to hear from any current and former conrail employees, good times, bad, what you're doing now.
Posts: 85 | From: owingsmills, md. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CP-home
Member # 1924

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for CP-home     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was (and still am), a Conrail fan.The 2 biggest blows to my railfan love came in the 90s. First when we lost the Warbonnet colors to "Premium Heritage". Then when we lost Big Blue to CSX and NS. I'm not much of a fan as I was in the 80s but I still love trains and pretty much all railroads but the Big Blue (and Warbonnets) live on in spirit!
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajy6b
Member # 77

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ajy6b   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am and will be a fan of Big Blue. I am also N&W fan. I loved those 80macs on the Boston line. Of course a lot could be said for 4-8 C30-7a's getting a long freight going out of town.

Now CSX has taken over. I still railfan the Boston line but it doesn't seem the same and actually it may be getting better as I believe there are more trains on this line now. Now that CSX has adopted a dark blue "dark future" paint scheme, it is starting to feel a little better

------------------
AJ Y6b N&W and Conrail Fan
http://communities.msn.com/TheGRRModelRR (my page)

http://www.nvrra.org (my club's page)

Posts: 30 | From: Eastern Mass, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
csx_power
Member # 1929

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for csx_power   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss Conrail too but I stopped cryin and went to CSX!
Posts: 19 | From: tamaqua,pa,us | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
csx_power
Member # 1929

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for csx_power   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I really didn't stop cryin yet!!!
Posts: 19 | From: tamaqua,pa,us | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conrailkid
Member # 1898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for conrailkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i guess i may have worded my question wrong, but i was looking for former conrail employees. it is nice to see the big blue made such an impression on the railfan community as well!
Posts: 85 | From: owingsmills, md. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page