RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » train derailment

Author Topic: train derailment
RJMamula
Member # 1963

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RJMamula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can any on tell me or tell me how I can find out the process of how exactly a train car is derailed?
Posts: 14 | From: Hammond, IN US | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conrailkid
Member # 1898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for conrailkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are you trying to derail one? any number of things can happen to get a car to derail, usually though, the car has to be moving. typically it involves a switch, whether automatic or hand operated. a fair percentage of derailments come from mechanical failures on the car or track. there are far too many possibilities to list.
Posts: 85 | From: owingsmills, md. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andybuzz2u
Member # 2008

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Andybuzz2u     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well first you have to step between the rails...and when it is close enough you reach out and grab the knuckle and pull it to one side if your fast enought it will derail the train if not hope your familly has some money put back for your funeral.
Posts: 8 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page