RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » New CSX paint scheme: like it or hate it?

Author Topic: New CSX paint scheme: like it or hate it?
westpoint64
Member # 2022

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for westpoint64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSX announced a few months ago that it has adopted a new locomotive paint scheme to replace the now-familiar "Bright Future" blue-grey-and-yellow scheme. The main body color is a dark blue, the color of the nose and big initials on the side is a mustardy-yellow...cab roofs are also getting a coat of white, I guess to reduce temperature for crews working in the summer. Well, how do you all like it, those of you who've seen it? To me, it looks kinda tacky and garish, like a warmed-over version of the scheme that gives away the identity of the team who has run CSX for years now: C & O! hahahaha...Seriously, doesn't that new scheme kinda remind you a little of C & O? Maybe the colors will "grow" on me, kinda like SCL's did after awhile, but right now that new scheme just doesn't do much for me. Well,anyway, tell me what you all think...thanks
Bud
Leesburg, GA

Posts: 10 | From: Leesburg,GA,USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnnynick
Member # 2002

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Johnnynick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the look of the scheme the few times i have seen it, even though csx only uses it to save money so they can eliminate the color gray on its locos

[This message has been edited by Johnnynick (edited 11-03-2002).]

Posts: 8 | From: Charlton, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CSXFANDAN
Member # 1844

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for CSXFANDAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New paint, what new paint? They all look the same to me, dirty, oh wait I did see a clean train that wasn't grey. <<<>>> Is that the new look CLEAN ?
Posts: 25 | From: Glen Burnie Md 21061 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least the colors are more festive than those the late Penn Central used years ago when they were on the skids and trying to save a buck.

They'd simply slop a coat of black paint over the entire engine to hide its old Pennsylvania or New York Central colors, slap on a white PC logo (often crookedly), and turn it loose.

Their trains always looked like they were headed for a funeral. Which, in a way, they were.

[This message has been edited by dilly (edited 10-19-2002).]

Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conrailkid
Member # 1898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for conrailkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hate it, and you're right, reminds me of the last b&o scheme before chessie. also, it's scl that calls the shots. they say its a new image, don't look like conrail blue to me. also, it does save on paint. my suggestion to one of the bosses was to wash the old junk once in a while, you wouldn't have to repaint 'em.
Posts: 85 | From: owingsmills, md. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebradley
Member # 606

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jebradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't too much care what color they paint on, it's the meaningless (to the man in the street) initials that bother me; might as well use any of our initials. Why not "DIXIE LINE RAILROAD COMPANY" ? They even own a good emblem (the old NCStL rectangular 'cookie cutter'. The "CSX Transportation" could be lettered above/below the logo, and keep the reporting marks - just a better identification! (Of course, it would look a little strange in Boston, Mass. !)
Jim Bradley Hawk Mtn. Chapter Natl. Ry. Hist. Society

Posts: 57 | From: Allentown, PA, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page