RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » Railroad/Train activities

Author Topic: Railroad/Train activities
jwtauss
Member # 479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwtauss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to this forum so hopefully this question hasn't been answered a million times already!

I have a nephew who has downs syndrom but LOVES anything to do with Trains. He wants to come visit sometime this spring. I live in Northern Virginia.

Can someone tell me what kinds of shows or festivals or tours, events, etc coming up that we can go to? Last year we took an hour ride on the Walkersville, MD train and then went up to Hagerstown, MD to a train festival/show of sorts. He liked that. We have already been on the Cumberland train ride and have gone to the Museum in Baltimore. I know Manassas has a show in early June. Anything else in March or April for the Wash DC metro area (and out an hour or two)?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | From: Leesburg, VA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emorygrove
Member # 403

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for emorygrove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can ride a streetcar at the Baltimore Streetcar Museum on Sunday afternoon. Also, isn't there a National Capitol Trolley Museum in the Maryland suburbs near Wheaton or thereabouts?
Posts: 15 | From: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page