RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » please help me

Author Topic: please help me
Lee, Wonyoung
Member # 2464

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lee, Wonyoung     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Reader
How are you?. I am a south korean working for Korean National Railroads(KNR). I have a work assignment from KNR which is Korean-government owned company and operates Korean railroads. The assignment is reseach on inter-korean railroad connecting. Two Korea, South and North Korea, are now connecting their seperated lines. If the line is connected, the cargos from south Korea will go to Europe by train thru China or/and Russia. If that comes real, we will make big profits. South Korean government is preparing for that.
My assignment is to learn from American companies on how to handle cargos and logistics, how to transact and inter-connect between Mexico and American companies or between America and Canada, how to manage railroad human resouces, and safety.
We plan to visit America and Mexico this coming July for 30 or 40 days. I want to attend seminars, meetings, training or education on any railroad fields. I also want to visit railroad companies which operate freight or passenger train.
Would any of you recommend seminars, education or training for that which will be held in America during that time? Or would you invite us to your company or give us information on those companies for our favor? I can give information Korean or Japanese railroad information? we are team of three persons.
If you help me, I will deeply appreciate for that.

Lee, Wonyoung.

Education center,
Korean National railroad.
Seoul, South Korea.
82-31-460-4240

Posts: 29 | From: South Korea | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr Lee,

I would suggest making direct contact with the Kansas City Southern Railroad. They do significant cross-border interchange and direct operations.

Their home page (which includes the telephone number for the corporate switchboard) is http://www.kcsi.com

I would consider contacting the office of Gerald K Davies, who is the Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer. His outer office folk should be able to point you to the right official.

Hope this helps

John

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Dunham
Member # 924

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Dunham   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US Customs Service has a program for increasing security for cross-border traffic, including rail freight. I believe that they have some related documents on their website.

------------------
Steve Dunham
Literalman@aol.com
http://www.stevedunham.50megs.com/

Posts: 77 | From: Spotsylvania, VA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page