RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » Busiest railroad section in Georgia

Author Topic: Busiest railroad section in Georgia
jmobr37
Member # 2486

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jmobr37     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a very busy railroad main line in a wonderful town in South Georgia that is I thought you all might want to know about. The town has setup a gazebo by the railroad station with a live speaker connected to a scanner which enthusiasts can keep track of trains coming and passing by.

The scanner regularly airs the communications between the dispatchers, engineers, switchers, and trainmasters. If you would like more info on this town, their web address is: http://www.innatfolkston.com/beyond.htm#trains It really is worth it if you are travelling up from Florida to Georgia and beyond. Enjoy!

Posts: 1 | From: Atlanta, GA USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice . . . if only they were an Amtrak whistle stop...
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
edaly76
Member # 2501

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for edaly76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree, folkston is a great place. I was just there this past weekend. saw about 25 trains in 7 hours. I used to go there when i was younger
Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about around Waycross? Or, would that be Folkston?

Every time i go through GA, Waycross seemd to have its share of trains.

Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page