RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » connecticut photorrapher

Author Topic: connecticut photorrapher
hemingway
Member # 505

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hemingway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can any of my Eastern railfans recommend a good place to photograph freight/passenger action here in Connecticut?
Posts: 1 | From: hartford ct | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rails
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for rails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mystic amtrak station
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakeshorelimited
Member # 576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakeshorelimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Haven, without a doubt. You have a huge station with frequent Amtrak and Metro North commuter trains departures and arrivals. You can photograph the Acela express trainsets twice a day, Acela regional, and Northeast direct, ofcourse. It also seems to be quite close to the New Haven freight yards from my memory, so there should be some freight traffic in the vicinity as well. It's quite a busy transfer point seeing that Amtrak trains go north to boston AND hartford/springfield from this stop and south from both points as well
Posts: 140 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CVFAN
Member # 634

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for CVFAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll agree and recommend New Haven. It's a very busy station.It's also where inland route passenger trains heading south from Springfield/Hartford recieve electric power and the northbounds from New York switch over to diesel.
Posts: 32 | From: Florence,MA.USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rails
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for rails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
most of the trains to springfield no longer change over the power as most new haven-springfield trains are now shuttle trains that no longer cut off or add on the train. they are seperate trains
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page