RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » Board Dried Up

Author Topic: Board Dried Up
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch, all the other message boards have dried up, including this one, since TO and Todd decided to delay things. Oh well, atleast this is here, when TO hits the wall.
Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you mean dried up???
Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emorygrove
Member # 403

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for emorygrove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There has been no further mention of ERN on TO. (TO needs ERN like Buick needs a fifth hole.)
Posts: 15 | From: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any idea when TO will hit the fan? I was wondering why all the rush to annouce a fee then the sudden death of the topic.

Of course, if you ask that question on TO, the thread will be deleted.

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally I think Todd and ERN are still muhling over the idea. Sounded good at the time, but when he saw the mass exidous from his site, I think he might be "reconing" the idea of a "fee based site".
I posed the question and it was deleted almost 10 minutes later. Go figure.

Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emorygrove
Member # 403

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for emorygrove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suspect the merger isn't going to happen. As I've said before the news and features of ERN are completely unnecessary on TO. You want news, its right here on Trainweb free!
Posts: 15 | From: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saludamtn
Member # 369

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saludamtn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like TO is getting hypersensitive in its old age. My account was cancelled, wonder by who?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my take on it all:

ERN wanted more "subscribers." Todd wanted $$$.

Todd agreed to sell the list of his users by making them pay to access TO (and you get ERN thrown in for free...lol). It is no different than AOL selling it's list of users to an outside marketing agency.

Long term, I think Todd loses because more than 50% of his users are on the West coast and don't give a crap about Eastern rail news.

Personally, I dislike TO because of the huge amount of negativity there. I'm sure that happens here and elsewhere, but not to the extent of TO.

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emorygrove
Member # 403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for emorygrove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was an ERN subscriber when it was $20 a year but I stopped going there. There was practically no discussion; it often went two or three days between posts and then as often as not it was this character moaning and groaning about the Southern Tier. The TO board is usually pretty active, interesting and diverse with a good mix of working railroaders and knowledgable enthusiasts. Randy B's story the other night was priceless.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page