RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » our railfan cell

Author Topic: our railfan cell
Steve Dunham
Member # 924

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Dunham   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few weeks ago I took my kids to see the movie Therese. It wasn't playing anywhere nearby, so we drove about 50 miles to Alexandria, VA. Because of the distance, I allowed extra time and got there about an hour early. We bought tickets and told the ticket taker that we would sit outside for a while. Happily, the theater is next to the CSX RF&P mainline, and there was a grassy slope behind the parking lot. So here we are sitting on the grass: a 51-year-old man, a teenage girl, a teenage boy, and two girls aged 11 and 7. A police car comes along and drives slowly by us (there was no one else at that end of the parking lot). Then the police car parked with a clear view of us. We sat on the grass and ignored it. What did the cop think we were? A gang? Vandals? A terrorist cell? Does Alexandria have so little crime that there was nothing more pressing to occupy a cop?

------------------
Steve Dunham
Literalman@aol.com
http://www.stevedunham.50megs.com/

Posts: 77 | From: Spotsylvania, VA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernServesTheSouth
Member # 2284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernServesTheSouth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the police officer was a train buff also. Could Happen.

Also, in this day and time, I would rather have a police officer watching me and the children, than some other types that are around. At least nothing would happen to you while he/she was around.

You didn't mention if there was any interesting action on the mainline.

Posts: 68 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railroad Bob
Member # 3508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railroad Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've known lots of cops to be railfans; I guess they like the aura of power that the trains project, who knows?
Posts: 588 | From: East San Diego County, CA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page