RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » From Boston to Ohio in 1852-1855

Author Topic: From Boston to Ohio in 1852-1855
Roseq
Member # 686

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Roseq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could a man work and live in the East Cambridge, MA area yet at the end of three years have worked on track construction (probably as a stone mason) from Boston to Georgetown, OH? My great-grandfather is found in the Cambridge City Directory from 1952-1856 at an address near other family members, yet we have just discovered a pay voucher for work on the NJRR from 7/1/1852 to 1/1/1855. It is dated Georgetown (Ohio, we presume). He then joined the Columbus, Piqua & Indiana RR and retired in 1890 as a regional superintendant of construction for the Penn RR. in the Piqua OH area.

Can anyone advise me on what his probable route would have been? Were there any affiliates of the NJRR which he would have worked on from Boston to Ohio?

Any insight into his progression across the country would be so appreciated.

Posts: 1 | From: Lincroft, NJ Usa | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page