RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Eastern US » BIG NEWS!!!!! RUNAWAY CSX SD40-2 with 47 cars in Ohio!!!!!

Author Topic: BIG NEWS!!!!! RUNAWAY CSX SD40-2 with 47 cars in Ohio!!!!!
SD40-2
Member # 767

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for SD40-2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now stopped, they suspected the engineer had a heart attack or dissabled someway but when someone got on and stopped it, no one was there! Dam i was hopeing it would be a OnionPacific oh well, I watched most of it on TV and it was fun one way they slowed it down is that CSX got a SD40 behind it, coupled it on and hit the breaks to slow it down enough for someone to jump on.
Posts: 20 | From: Sonoma CA USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightRail
Member # 633

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for LightRail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you understand the seriousness of what happened to that train? A runaway train loaded with hazardous chemicals is not something I would wish on anybody as you did with the Union Pacific. I also don't think I would refer to watching the event unfold on TV as "fun". Maybe interesting, or nerve wracking, or nail biting, but "fun". You sir need to think before you post.
Posts: 13 | From: La Mesa, CA. USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SD40-2
Member # 767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SD40-2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you trying to flame me? I was dam board at time and I found it on TV so I watched it, hey better then watching nothing!!! I just dont really like UP because they bought my old fav SP which just pisses me off! hazardous chemicals is not good to have on a runaway, I know that, but I knew they wouldn't derail it or crash. Now if you dont like my opinion, Then dont hound all over it because its not your Buisness. Yes I do understand how serious this was.

"fun". You sir need to think before you post."

Yes I sir do think before i post Because i am all over the internet everyday all the time because its my job! I will also soon be working at www.amdzone.com and I visit many forums a day including one I own.

Posts: 20 | From: Sonoma CA USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I heard, the engineer had got off the train to do something else and the breaks didn't hold. And to slow it down, another locomotive coupled on to the back and breaked hard to slow it down enough for someone to get on the front and stop it.
Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoops...spelling correction..."brakes" not "breaks"
Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update. A brief video clip was on CNN yesterday at noon, but that was before they knew all the details. The news report made it sound like some ordinary Joe (not a railroad employee) stopped the train.

As for the earlier posts...agree this is not a topic to joke about, even if it involved a carrier one does not like.
MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page