RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Who is your favorite railforum member?

Author Topic: Who is your favorite railforum member?
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to go with Mr. Toy. He is very knowledgable and very friendly. His website is and travel logs are excellent. I also think littletrain is sorta funny and Coaststarlight99 has some great posts. Keep it up everyone!
Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite is also Mr. Toy. He gives the best travel stories and his travel diaries are so well written that when reading them, you really feel that you are there on the trip with him. Now that is GOOD.

CK is another one ogf my favorites. He appears to be a "Folksy Type" if you know what I mean. CK never has a mean word against anyone and never puts anyone down for his opinion. I think his favorite line would be "Lets agree to disagree"

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am another one for Mr Toy. He is informative, uses proper English with little slang and abbreviations, and is polite to others.

------------------
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CK
Member # 589

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for CK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for Mr. Toy! I've learned alot from him the past two years. Perhaps best, he told me about the advantages of the Guest Rewards Program & Credit Card. I've earned enough points for a free roundtrip coast to coast deluxe sleeper trip! Thank you Mr. Toy.

KA6BGJ, Thank you for the kind words. I've also enjoyed your posts. You have a unique sense of humor and you have often asked very good questions. Keep them coming!

I'd also like to vote for Dilly. Very informative and humor that often has me laughing so much I fall out of my chair!

polorberaucla, Great Question !!!

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Videos Mr.Toy Brings to the table.
They are swell.

I actually like anyone who likes riding the rails.
Buck says oh yeah to the great people on this board.

[This message has been edited by UncleBuck44 (edited 10-26-2003).]

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GO MR TOY U ARE THE BEST< AND YOUR RIGHT AMTRAK CHEESECAKE IS THE BEST. MR TOY U ROCK. (shouting) MR TOY IS NUMBER 1 GO MR TOY U ARE THE BOMB YAH TOY THE TOYBOX FOREVER YAHHHHHHHH GO TOY 
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes! When I saw the title of this thread I didn't want to single anyone out, because I like ALL of you. When I first came to this forum in the spring of 2000 I knew almost nothing. Prior to that I hadn't stepped on an Amtrak train in 16 years. Almost everything I know, you guys taught me!

And there are still gaps in my knowledge you can help me with when the need arises.

Thanks to all for the notes of appreciation.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Mr Toy, how much did all that cheerleading cost?

;-)

(running for a quick cold shower and ducking the flames on the way)

Geoff M.

[This message has been edited by geoffm (edited 10-26-2003).]

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geoffm:
Hey, Mr Toy, how much did all that cheerleading cost?

;-)

Unfortunately, due to a sluggish economy, I cut cheerleading out of this year's budget. This appears to be a spontaneous eruption.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just wondering if the real reason why Mr. Toy seems to be getting all the votes here on the board was because in the 3 yrs. he has been on the board, he has more than 915 postings on this board. We all have seen his name more than any other person on the board.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...i think everyone likes Mr. Toy, but who other then Mr. Toy is the best railfroum/trainweb member?
Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irish1
Member # 222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irish1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reggie rail was one of my favorites when i first found this board. but i enjoy you all. its alwats fun to read the stories that you have experienced yourself.

------------------
The Copper Country Limited [Milwaukee Road] and the Peninsula 400 [CNW} still my favorites

Posts: 175 | From: FENCE WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another vote for Mr. Toy!

Also like GeoffM's comments about travels, and MyfordBrowning on the Western US forum.

Some others from Amtrak that I haven't seen recently are LakeShoreLimited and Coach33333 (formerly Bus Lady).

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Mr. Toy was my favorite when he made those fantastic notes about the Amtrak Hearing a few weeks ago--Also DIlly, and Postmansteve are helpful BUT everyone is great at Railforum Ive been here 3 months and I already feel like i know everyone!

Anton

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Toy's Amtrak Rail Forum, got it.

CS99, I took the summer off. I'm back.

------------------
F40PH #757099-8
March 29, 1976-August 17, 2001
Requisecat in pacis

P42DC #53063
Around 2.4 million miles to go

[This message has been edited by Amtrak207 (edited 10-27-2003).]

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Blush* - thanks MPALMER!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KAG______ Whatever your Screename is.....I think Mr. Toy is very organized---He does have experience here at railforum--But hes the only person here that would make those notes about the hearing--that was magnifacent!

-A

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count me in for Mr. Toy!
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page