Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Truth or Dare

Author Topic: Truth or Dare
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truth Or Dare: What trains have you 'done it' on?

Me... #60 - The Montrealer (while going over Hell Gate Bridge in Bedroom F)

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShaLeah
Member # 2856

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaLeah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dnsommer:
Truth Or Dare: What trains have you 'done it' on?

Me... #60 - The Montrealer (while going over Hell Gate Bridge in Bedroom F)

ShaLeah pleads the fifth.

How many people have I 'blocked' from doing it? Lots. On which trains? 40-41 43-44 29-30.

Posts: 19 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have any passengers ever had to be chastized even when they were in a private compartment? Like, because they were making too much of a ruckus?

In air travel they call it the Mile High Club. What is it called in railroading? The Golden Spike?

Dave

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShaLeah
Member # 2856

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShaLeah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Golden Spike is a safety award *chuckle* Not sure if there is a technical term for doing it on the rails.

Usually if it's happening in a first class compartment we turn a blind ear/eye unless someone else yells about it.

Did you know that the rooms in the viewliners were made with the specification that they had to be able to be used for copulation? Little known fact but even the top berth can hold two people in the missionary position.
(Not that I would personally know, of course)

Posts: 19 | From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our honeymoon, Coast Starlight (#11), January 1983. Still married to her. Ain't givin' her up for nothin!

I've got an amusing anecdote to go along with that one. This was our first time in a sleeper, Deluxe room. I didn't want to be bothered with having the attendant open the bed and interrupt our privacy, so I decided to set it up myself while she was in little bathroom. I figured it would take just a minute or so.

Instructions were clearly printed on the back of the table. The sofa was divided into two sections with a lever to release each one. The sign said to pull the lever. So I pulled and pulled and pulled until I was blue in the face and nothing happened. I finally looked at the lever itself and it said "Push." Voila!

So I took the lever to release the second section. I pushed and pushed and pushed until I was blue in the face. Finally I looked at the lever and it said "Pull."

Then I tried to open the upper bunk to retrieve the mattress and bedding. It took all of my effort to get it open just a crack, and I had to wiggle the bedding out of the small crack. I never did figure out why I couldn't open it all the way. The entire process took a good 10 minutes while she waited and waited....

I might note that this was not only my first trip in a sleeper, it was also my first trip in a Superliner.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 11-02-2003).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasscarr1720
Member # 2060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasscarr1720     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dnsommer:

In air travel they call it the Mile High Club. What is it called in railroading? The Golden Spike?

I would think in railroading it would be called something like The 80 mile an hour club...... :-)

Posts: 41 | From: Milwaukee, WI USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Number 5 rockin' and rollin' across the high Nevada desert....what bliss.
Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enough!, dnSommer

Your posts are not appropriate and pretty stupid..ok!!!

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have taken 6 different women to the "80 mph" club. for two of them it was their first time and boy the rocking of the train around salinas is perfect
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
You're right, CoastStarlight99. After I posted this topic I had second thoughts. Everyone here is not necessarily an adult.

That being said, I want to respond to the other part of your remark.

People tend to attack what they don't understand. Since a lack of understanding is essentially stupidity, calling my posts stupid damages your image more than you may realize. You're the only person to make such a remark. You're definitely in the minority.

That's why I caution you not to embarass yourself any more than you have. If you persist you will be demonstrating your own stupidity, or worse, reveal that, like a child, you lack control over your responses to ideas and people. I can relate to acting that way, but I know better now. I grew up.

Also, please keep in mind that saying my posts are stupid implies that those who posted positive response to them are stupid too. Do you really want to insult so many people?

Don't do it to yourself! That's what Beavis and Butthead do. They walk around saying, "This is stupid!" and "That is stupid." It's their reaction to everything. What's so funny is how blind they are to their own blatant stupidity.

I'm not saying I think you're as dumb as Beavis and Butthead. I won't get into trading insults. I'm trying to tell you that you had a valid point, but your inability to express it politely diminished its value. Your apparent belief that your opinion represents everyone else's is entirely misguided.

Dave

[This message has been edited by dnsommer (edited 11-02-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dnsommer (edited 11-03-2003).]

Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by littletrain:
I have taken 6 different women to the "80 mph" club. for two of them it was their first time and boy the rocking of the train around salinas is perfect

Littletrain, I thought you were only 15.

But at least now I know why I always get off in Salinas.

Note to Dave: I appreciate your warped sense of humor.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None, but I had a perfect opportunity to do so on the Desert Wind many years ago. All I can say is that I "blew it." A nice young lady who I had met earlier showed up in my room, went to get a beer for us, came back dressed "differently," and.... you really don't want to hear the rest! Just be aware that I blew it!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave - interesting topic!! From reading your other posts, you seem to be a funny guy with a warped sense of humor, like I am accused of having sometimes! Hope to meet you sometime!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, ha. I've never taken the opportunity (though I've had a few chances). Never did this on a train, but some of the funniest scenes I've witnessed involved some Boy Scouts (in uniform, no less) try to "get it one" with some females of their age while on board. The girls had a fun time making the guys look like complete fools and total idiots. With Philmont Scout Ranch being on the SW Chif line, I'm told that this stunt happens on a regular basis (i.e., goofy looking boy in Scout uniform tries to act cool and "funny" for some of the young women on the train).
As a matter of fact, I even had this happen to some of the "cool" jackasses in my troop way back when, during some of my first few train trips. It was rather good to see guys who treated me like dirt get teased and be made fools of by the young women aboard the train. It was fun to see them be made the butt of a few jokes.
I've also witnessed events where the crew had to intervene in order to prevent something against the law from taking place. Way to go , Crew!

Anyways, thank you dnsommer for giving some laughter to a saddened Graduate School student.

Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dnsommer:
[B]You're right, CoastStarlight99. Once I posted this thread I did have misgivings. I realized not everyone here is an adult.
Since people tend to attack what they don't understand, it's safe to say that when someone attacks a person it is because of a lack of understanding.

------First I dont want to here you making comments about what I dont understand in an Amtrak Forum about other things . How are your posts such as--Truth or Dare or Lost Parcel ---At all related to Amtrak problems or recent trips ETC. I am not a serious dorky person but with all due respect---Dont say I dont understand--

Anton

PS. Where did you get your Phd from>?>

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Toy
I am only 15 but this is a new world, and hey i mean how else are u going to entertain yourself when the coast starlight is running 3 hours late and u have seen the movies in the parlor car. That is why i always get a delux sleeper, so i have more room for well u know

Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. Really I'm flattered.

As long as you refrain from the insults it's a deal, Anton.

David

sutton
Member # 1612

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should have posted earlier, but if it isn't too late: for me, on the overnight train from St. Petersburg (Russia) to Moscow. In a private compartment. I was a student; so was she.
Posts: 171 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Does that motel made out of old cabooses count?

Dave

MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...so if this happens while the train is passing through Sacramento it gives new meaning to the phrase "banging across the diamond"
(sorry)

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Thats cool, dnsommer-----littletrain your only 15 thats cool, IM 14--we the youngs of the board

lol,
-Anton

dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Good one, MPalmer!
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
so nobody else wants to share their trips in the 80mph club.
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry littletrain, but most of the stories I have under this topic involve examples of stupidity, or the prevention of a**holes for getting "action" which they didn't deserve. I have never ceased to be dissappointed in how many women are attracted to young men who treat other people like dirt.
Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is this tripe going to be killed?
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which reminds me ......

Why doesn't Amtrak serve menudo?

A large saucepan (see note below)
1 calf's foot (about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
2 pounds honeycomb tripe
1 large onion
3 cloves garlic, peeled
6 peppercorns
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
4 quarts of water
A comal or griddle
3 large chiles anchos
A spice grinder
A large chile poblano, peeled or 2 canned, peeled green chiles
The calf's foot
1/2 cup canned hominy (1 pound) drained (see note below)
Salt as necessary
1 scant teaspoon oregano

Have the butcher cut the calf's foot into four pieces. Cut the tripe into small squares. Put them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours, or until the tripe and foot are just tender but not too soft. Meanwhile, toast the chilies well. Slit them open and remove the seeds and veins from the chile poblano, cut it into strips, and add to the meat while it is cooking. Remove the pieces of calf's foot from the pen, and when they are cool enough to handle, strip off the fleshy parts. Chop them roughly and return them to the pan.

Add hominy and continue cooking the menudo slowly, still uncovered, for another 2 hours.

[This message has been edited by Room Service (edited 11-07-2003).]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not soon enough for me, Mr. Norman!
Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"done it," thanks, ambiguous English!
That could mean a lot of things.
Which trains have you ridden on? (Pun)
On which trains have you spent time goofing around in the vestibule? (English=fun!)
On which trains have you had a compartment all to yourself? (This is going downhill fast)
Have you ever lost your sense of balance in the diaphragms, that is, the flexible area between cars?
How about cab rides? Anyone ever had an experience in the head end on board?
Let's just use the term "disembark" instead of "got off" okay?

I'm going to get booted for this, I just know it. I've enjoyed my posting time on RailForum, and if I don't resurface again for six months or so, you'll know why.

In Mr. Emeka's book, it is officially termed the 79 mile per hour club.
I have no further comment.
Wait- here's one. I'm pathetic, in more ways than one. How could you tell?

[This message has been edited by Amtrak207 (edited 11-07-2003).]

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page