RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Need Miami Hotel Info Puhleeese

Author Topic: Need Miami Hotel Info Puhleeese
The Chief
Member # 2172

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for The Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone has any names of hotels near (cab ride, bus, or even walking distance) the Miami, Florida, station, please provide.

I will fly into MIA late evening and depart on the Silver Star the next morning.
So, I have to transit from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the station. Then to Connecticut. I'll only stay at hotels that serve Diet Coke . . . Thanks.

p.s. - I checked our site link here first (of course) and no hotels are listed...

------------------
_________Thë Çhîeƒ
_|_|_|_|_

Posts: 190 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stlboomer
Member # 2028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stlboomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chief-

Try expedia.com. It will display hotels on a map. Looks like the Holiday Inn MIA North might be a good bet. It's about three miles due south of the station. Can't say about the coke. Enjoy your trip, and please let us know how it went.

Posts: 103 | From: St. Louis, MO USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't even THINK about walking to or around the Miami Station.

The only way to get there is Taxicab, even though it is served by municipal busses and MetroRail is not very far away.

An alternative, cheap and safe way to board the Star would be to stay at a hotel in the proximity of MIA Airport that offers a courtesy van. In the morning, use the van back to the airport, then the Tri Rail bus to their end of track station that is on the airport perimiter. Take Tri Rail to the Hollywood station and board the Star there; safety assured, same rail mileage, no taxicabs. But remember to inform Amtrak if you choose to do this; lest they sell your (if applicable) sleeper accomodations out from under you.

Now still another alternative coming to mind. If your flight arrives in sufficient time to catch the last NB Tri Rail @ 729PM, consider taking that to Deerfield where there is a Ramada (1250 W Hillsboro Rd; cheap; <$100 in season) IN SIGHT to the East of the station, this would ensure no cabs, possible "action", and if not a morning person (how many young people are?), a chance to "sleep in".

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 11-28-2003).]

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tri Rail to Deerfield Beach is the way to go. I lived in Boca Raton for 13 years and rode Tri Rail many times to sporting events, airports and travel to and from West Palm and Miami. I last rode in October during my baseball trip to see the Marlins/Cubs League Championship series going from Deerfield Beach to Miami International to catch a flight. The Miami Airport Tri Rail station is free 5 minute free bus ride to the airport with your Tri Rail ticket.

I recommend staying at the Ramada Inn on HIllsboro Blvd. in Deerfield Beach. Tri Rail and Amtrak share the station, the hotel is 1 block away and you are within walking distance to restaurants and a very short trip to the beach. Stay in Deerfield Beach and catch your Silver service from there. It is less than an hour from Miami International.

That is what I would do.

------------------
Russell in VA

Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Howard Jhonson's hotel in Hollywood,four blocks east of the station.Walk east under the freeway.It is about two blocks east of the freeway.I requested a wake-up call to catch my train,but they neglected this.I woke 13 minutes before the train was due,but since I was close tothe station, I arrived just as my train was announced.I had to brush my teeth,and all other morning ritual in my Slumbercoach room.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am just posting to say that i have no idea about hotels in miami. and that there is no help that i can give you.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i forgot to add that if u need help in miami dont ask me cause i dont know. hope i can help. your welcome in advance

ted

Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page