Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » all ready too much

Author Topic: all ready too much
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the moderators first day and he is already removing posts? i think if its not offensive(the one previous post definatly needed to be removed) then it should not be removed. i mean the get to know your triainweb posters has as much to do with trains as get to know your trainweb posters favorite tv shows. as long as its not offensive i dont belive it should be removed, just choose not to respond if u dont want to.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
also i think that the moderator should at least create a post telling us what post was deleted just to inform us all that he has done this.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That second idea sounds like a winner. But im getting tired of this moderator and offensive poster issue. Obviously that d-o-g ( i wonder if d-o-g will be deleted?)has left and I think its time we returned to talking about trains.

What good is there in fretting over what happened. If we keep harking on this unfortunate incident, I think we will only spawn more interest in some devious people.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
all i want is some equality throughout the board, i feel that mr toy gets more slack and respect becuase he is mr fun and games. if i make a post it should be treated as if george bush made it. just equality which is why i think that the get to know your train web posters should be deleted as it has nothing to do with amtrak or trains.
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cant we just get back to talking about trains. And I think its pretty obvious when something goes beyond the obvious boundaries of appropriate and not appropriate?

Probably not. People have a way of continuing to respond.

"don't feed the trolls"

"Let's just leave it at that"

"nuff said" ect.

Everyone feels the need to respond by saying to everyone else.."do not respond"

"drop it"

Who will be the next poster to find it irresistable and prove my point?

(see below)

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roomservice,
I'm not trying to prove your point, but
its odd how a single person post one hateful thread, and look how far its gone: every one is suspisous of new members, other poeple have decided to mess with rail forum, if you recll "addim", and after all that this subject still makes its way into other topics.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think if its not offensive(the one previous post definatly needed to be removed) then it should not be removed

Not even off-topic, if you don't mind me asking? How about profanity, which is one issue that got things rolling insofar as this moderator business.

BTW, trolls do not go away if ignored—that is a fallacy. They pull the old "floodnet" trick and make the place a mess if they are not responded to.

I'm tempted to pull this post because, as others pointed out, it is not about trains—it's even a personal attack against the moderator(s). However, if there is valid criticism, the e-mail addresses of the moderators is clearly visible at the top of the topic list page. And this thread I would like to use as a discussion point of where we wish to go insofar as what ought to be germane insofar as relates to this forum—but I believe the word "Amtrak" appears clearly enough at the top of the page for posters to understand. Agreed?

And Mr. "Littletrain", lay off the personal attacks against Mr. Toy—or any other member. Consider that your first warning.

[This message has been edited by irishchieftain (edited 12-08-2003).]

Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like there's a new sheriff in town. Irishchieftan, I offer you a laurel, and hearty handshake for taking on the task of moderator. They wisely chose someone who is well established in the group, and I think we can trust you to be fair minded.

All of this will settle down soon and we can get back to normal.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Irishchieftain: Thank you for taking on the task of being a moderator. As I thought would happen, your first actio removal of a post was questioned. I think this will happen more frequently unless a "few" parameters are established. I enjoyed the "Get to Know your Posters" thread. A little slack would be nice. But then someone will ask why their post was removed and not another. What I do know is I joined this forum because it was named AMTRAK. I find it very informative for travel and rail fan purposes. Maybe someone can offer a solution to lessen the slack you will encounter. Thanks again.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this forum should be pretty clean.
I dont think the new guy needs to start his own topic, and I think we should have some kind of POSTS PER WEEK limit. Where you can only post so much. But I dont think that the Moderator "Admin" should remove just anything, because the moderator, which I dont know, as well as I know all you Trainweb members. He/she should not just delete UNLESS it uses profanity, or insults one if us. Theres a difference between profanity and opinion though, so GOOD POINT LITTLETRAIN!

"All of this will settle down and soon get back to normal" by MR. TOY

I AGREE!

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BNSF 1088
Member # 2400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BNSF 1088   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hope so it's crazy over here.Good luck to irishchieftain

------------------
LOOK LISTEN LIVE
BEFORE CROSSING RR TRACKS

Posts: 210 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I strongly suspect that littletrain & polarbearucla is the same person.They have identical profiles.
Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
why are u suspicious? i can say that i am not polarbearucla. are u calling me a liar???
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts like this one are the reason we need a moderator.

------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
why do u accuse me? and then say i am being wrong???
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would you like me to get Shivam and Ray to review the IP log files? Then we would certainly determine who is who.

As it stands, this topic has turned into yet another flame war. Henceforth locked. Send complaints via e-mail. Shivam and Ray are administrators, and they can direct the courses of things as they will, eventually.

Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Topic Closed  Topic Closed
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page