RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Great Amtrak Photos

Author Topic: Great Amtrak Photos
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in case you guys are interested, heres a link to a photographer with some great photos. Ive been checking out ones of the empire builder but he has pictures of other trains too. Anybody out there familiar with this photographer?
http://www.photosbystevenjbrown.com/narp/empirebuilder/empirebuilder.html

Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dutchamtrakfan
Member # 3000

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for dutchamtrakfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed great pictures. I travelled the Builder the entire length 4 times, 2 in coach Chicago-Portland and Seattle-Chicago, also in sleeper Portland-Chicago and Chicago-Seattle. What a difference with my small country Netherlands. I travelled also other Amtraktrains several times
Posts: 8 | From: netherlands | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sjbrown
Member # 3005

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjbrown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yea, i know him.

thanks for your kind comments!

Posts: 1 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for those wonderful pictures. The photography is terrific.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SJB, those are fantastic photos! You've got a great artistic eye. It also looks like you had to trek around the countryside quite a lot!
Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From one photographer to another, you've got a lot of great shots.

But I might suggest you break up your thumbnails into multiple pages for those of us who have dial-up connections.

I had to do a double take on the name. My sister's first husband was also named Stephen Brown.

FWIW, here's my modest selection of train images from Monterey County. http://hometown.aol.com/jamesbtoy/trains.htm

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mrhall53
Member # 1580

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mrhall53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent pictures. Can't wait to go back. (Just 5 more months ...)
Posts: 58 | From: Owensboro, KY USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of those photos are very beautiful... 5 months to go and I'll be on the South West Chief heading to Chicago, NY and Montreal!!

I don't think it's possible to be more excited about a trip than I am right now...

Great pictures of the South West Chief sjbrown and although there are not that many it's probably a good thing cause I will be seeing it myself...

Pity no pictures of the Adirondac or scenery of the trip...

Its funny/strange to me that I've never heard of Adirondac before and now just after seeing it's the name of the train from NY to Montreal I now see NASA have named a pyramid shaped rock Adirondac as well!! How weird!!

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page