RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » How many inches?

Author Topic: How many inches?
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know how many inches wide the seats in coach are? Thanks. You guys seem to know almost everything about Amtrak. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge.
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know you have acted in good faith, Mr. Service, but could you retitle your topic thread?????

Or somehow am I the only one around here who gets "that type' of spam?

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears Mr. Norman does not know the answer to my question and since editing the subject line of a message is not an option in this forum, I will re-phrase the question so as to try and not offend anyone who has their mind in the gutter. Congratulations on your self-appointment as the "Innuendo Police", ever vigilant to protect the forums extraordinary prudence in conduct!

Anyone know "the width" of the seats in coach? Thanks. You guys seem to know almost everything about Amtrak. I appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

[This message has been edited by Room Service (edited 02-18-2004).]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M190
Member # 3009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang, this water's cold.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe they are either 20" or 21" wide. I think most coach airline seats are 18". Sorry I don't have anything definitve.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gilbert, not everyone thinks of it perverted so just dont

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Thank you very much Mr Toy. That's what I was going to guess. I'm just trying to pratice sleeping across 40" for my Coast Starlight trip this weekend. HaHa. I have a coach ride up to Seattle and a Standard Sleeper for the ride back.

Thanks again.

JonA
Member # 2690

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JonA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are amfleet seats the same width as superliner? They look different.
Posts: 56 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yummykaz
Member # 475

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yummykaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow..and I was just thinking this thread was on how many inches of snow ...
Posts: 168 | From: Spring TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Room Service,

How did you edit the smiley?

Thats so cool

------------------
--Anton
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littletrain
Member # 2660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for littletrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr toy 20 inches im impressed. thats like a record lol just joking. Still amtrak seats dont compare to first class on an airplane
Posts: 117 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
traveler
Member # 1415

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for traveler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Innuendo Police, You're just a nasty guy! Brad
Posts: 71 | From: lawrence,kansas,usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken V
Member # 1466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken V     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yummykaz:
wow..and I was just thinking this thread was on how many inches of snow ...

Yeah Snow! That was my first impression too . I guess it's a climate thing. Up north that's about all we think about this time of year.

I tried a few searches on the width of seats on various sites and came up empty but I know I've seen this information before.

[This message has been edited by Ken V (edited 02-22-2004).]

Posts: 149 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page