RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » CHI Hotel?

Author Topic: CHI Hotel?
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any suggestions on a good hotel in Chicago? We will arrive on the Empire Builder from Seattle, stay two nights and then fly out of Midway Airport.

Thanks in advance.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What kind of price range have you in mind?
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100 to $125 a night.
Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panamaclipper
Member # 3058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panamaclipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use Lodging.com and check prices for the Club Quarters hotel on Adams. It's a first class hotel 4 blocks from the station. I paid $117 for room and the tax. It was a great deal. Halfway between the station and Michigan Avenue in the Loop.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Club Quarters. walking distance from the station, world class hotel, bout that price range. as is always the case,call hotel direct for best rate

111 West Adams Street, Chicago

Club Quarters, Central Loop is Located 40 Minutes from the Chicago O'hare International Airport and 30 Minutes from the Midway Airport. The Hotel is Positioned in the Center of the Central Loop, Which is Chicago's Downtown District. Near Lasalle, and Next to the Rookery, Club Quarters is a Convenient Walk to the Symphony Center, the Art Institute, the Board of Trade, the Sears Tower and Grant Park. The Hotel Features the Elephant and Castle Pub and Restaurant Serving British Cuisine With a North American Flair.
the Attractive Guest Rooms Are Comfortable, Spacious and Carefully Detailed and Are Equipped With Free High-speed Wireless Internet Access. With Their Commitment to Quality, You'll Find Yourself in Sophisticated Surroundings. at This Wonderful Property Guests Will Enjoy a High Standard of Hospitality and Personal Attention from the Staff, Dedicated to Making Your Stay a Memorable Experience. Club Quarters, Central Loop Hotel is Minutes to Fine Dining, Shopping and Entertainment Venues.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake
Member # 2430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm self employed and do a lot of business travel on my own dime. On my most recent trip to Chicago, last October, I used Priceline and got the Hilton Chicago on S. Michigan Ave. for $57 a night. (about $205 inc. taxes for three nights)

I've used Priceline maybe 25-30 times and usually pay 40-45% of the lowest published rates for the hotels I've stayed at. I stick with 3 and 4 star hotels and haven't had any quality problems, I've stayed at Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, Westin, Doubletree and similar hotels.

A good resource for info on Priceline bidding is: Bidding for travel

Posts: 71 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CK
Member # 589

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If your on a budget try the Comfort Inn just 2 blocks from Union Station. The Amtrak crews stay at that hotel. I think it's a
3 star hotel. About $70. a night.

Posts: 218 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allow me to concur with the favorable comments on Club Quarters. A friend from Atalnta was up here on business for a week and was "adequately" impressed.

Understand that CQ is "bare bones"; now that companies tell their employees where they will stay, it is where Fortune 500's send their middle managers. I have only seen the lobby, but I think considering your price range Mr. SB, you will find it quite adequate.

Also a +, you can easily "hoof it" there from CUS.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panamaclipper
Member # 3058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panamaclipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By bare bones he means no fancy gift shops, restaurants, atrium lobby, etc. The room itself is very nice as is the bathroom and compares with the Westin, Marriott and such I've stayed in on the company's nickel.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a restruant. The Club Quarters Hotel Features the Elephant and Castle Pub and Restaurant Serving British Cuisine With a North American Flair. I found the food and service excellent!

[This message has been edited by Room Service (edited 03-30-2004).]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page