RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak's Beach Grove Shop

Author Topic: Amtrak's Beach Grove Shop
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've wanted to go to the Beach Grove Shop where Amtrak stores there recked/damaged Coaches and Locomotives, Where is it exactly?, and what Train would I take to get to it?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beech Grove is near Indianapolis, Indiana. The Cardinal runs through there around 1.30 in the morning. Not sure how easy it is to get to or if they take visitors.
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stongly suspect that Beech Grove isn't taking visitors.
Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
panamaclipper
Member # 3058

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for panamaclipper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notice there are almost no pictures on the internet showing Beach Grove and its rail cars in storage. Must be big security there.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take Emerson Ave (Exit 52) off I-465. Proceed N 1.5 miles to Bethel Ave and you're there.

However, I too would guess all you would see is the Main Gate and a Rent-A-Cop (possibly a sworn Amtrak Police Officer nowadays) directing you to move on.

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 03-30-2004).]

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Write to them first and find out what their policy is. I have no idea of the name or address of the person you would need to contact. The answer may simply be no. You may find that you have to be at least 18 to go in the workshop areas. Chances are, if they did let you in, you would have to sign a release of liability, which basically says that whatever happens to you while you are in there you will not hold them responsible, in otherwords will not sue them. That also requires you to be at least 18 for it to be valid. Railroading is legally a hazardous occupation. And, Jonothan, if you can't get someone at home to do it, email your letter as a "word" attachment to some of us so that we can fix your spelling before you send it to them.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page