RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » SPV Prairies East Map soon!

Author Topic: SPV Prairies East Map soon!
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had word from Steam Powered Video that the long-awaited Railroad Atlas of North America - Praries East - has gone off to the printers and will be officially launched next month. I believe this completes the USA side of the series.

So, for those taking the Texas Eagle, Southwest Chief, City of New Orleans, Kansas City Mule, or the St. Louis Mule, this will be an essential add-on to the series!

I don't work for SPV, I'm just a satisfied customer!

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noted--

You have not posted any spam directly to the Forum; you have not even provided a link to the producer's site.

I believe your presentation to be perfectly within the nature and scope of this non-commercial Forum; I'm certain the Administrator will agree.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken V
Member # 1466

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken V     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I expect the Prairies East edition will cover Iowa, Missouri, and Arkansas. This should still leave one more (North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota - a gap in the
route of the Empire Builder) before the entire U.S. has been covered.

I am anxiously awaiting more SPV Atlases of Canada.

[This message has been edited by Ken V (edited 05-04-2004).]

Posts: 149 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is good news. The SPV atlases are great references.

I take it the mapping project in the UK is completed? (Evidently the UK project was more urgent and interrupted the US mapping project)

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd forgotten about the missing one - Dakotas & Minnesota. The Praries East one is indeed Arkansas, Missouri, and Iowa.

I don't actually know what this mapping product was. We already have a series of books which detail track layouts, stations, mileposts, yards, tunnels, major structures, etc. Most regions of Network Rail already have Emergency Line Plans which go into details of access points, dangerous lineside buildings and so on. All I can think it was a personalised map for one of the Train Operating Companies.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page