RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » reduced fare upgrade

Author Topic: reduced fare upgrade
sci_guy
Member # 3124

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for sci_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read here about these calls from Amtrak offering reduced fare upgrades and just when I'd given up they called! Our trip has been booked for over a month and Amtrak just called and offered me an upgrade to a Standard Bedroom on The Southwest Chief for Saturday at a much reduced rate ($100 as compared to $278). Needless to say I took the deal. My wife and I are going to Vancouver for a few days and had booked coach from ABQ to LAX, and a sleeper from LA to Seattle so we could enjoy the Parlor Car. Now, its first class all the way. I just thought I'd share the great news here in case anybody else has given up on that call from Amtrak.
Posts: 7 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fla1
Member # 2989

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fla1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) How many days in advance of your trip did they call?

2) Has anyone tried calling Amtrak the day before, or on the day of travel, requesting a discount sleeper?

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Florida--

It's "Don't call us, we'll call you".

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 05-18-2004).]

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the chances of them calling me here in New Zealand for a discount price upgrade are huge huh? NOT!!

LOL

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page