RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!

Author Topic: Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally got my tickets!!!

SW Chief LAX to Hicago
LSL Chicago to Albany both standard sleepers

Then later Indiapolis to Chicago and Chicago to LA!!

IT all starts next Wednesday!! I can't wait!!!

Looks like I'm upstairs on the Chief.. Class E accom 3

[This message has been edited by Rheboi (edited 05-31-2004).]

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds Fun!,, Have a nice Trip!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds great but why Indiapolis?
and how do you get from Albany to Indy?

[This message has been edited by boyishcolt (edited 06-01-2004).]

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Tuesday here is Wednesday over there, Mr. Rheboi is now likely en route.

He previously noted, Mr. Colt, that he was using auto transport between from Albany to Indpls.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rheboi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here (NZ that is) I leave next week!

Why Indiapolis?

Well since you asked....<g>

From the 17th to the 20th it's the Formula One GP weekend...

Thursday they will have an open day where I can get up close with the teams and cars.

Friday is F1 practise with support races.

Saturday is Qualifying with support races and Sunday is the Race!!

Plus I get a ride around the track in a GT3 Porsche (probably Thursday or Friday)!!!

When I arrive in Albany Saturday, I catch a Bus up to Plattsburgh and spend the night in a motel already booked by my fellow Formula One friends.

Sunday morning I head to the Montreal Formula One GP!!!

After that generally have a quick look around Montreal and head back to the Motel in Plattsburgh.

Monday we're into New York, New York, do the tourist things (Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Ground Zero).

Then we head to Washington DC and again partake in some tourist activity (White House, Abraham Lincoln Memorial to name a couple).

After all of that we then head into Indy arriving Wed night (hopefully) ready for the 2nd Formula One Race.

The monday following (21st) I catch a train (not sure what it is) to Chicago (leaves Indy 6am) and from Chicago I catch the SW Chief back to LA and board my plane back home with a very big adventure/story to keep in my memory!!

I just can't wait!!

I see in my original post I mis-spelt the fine city of Chicago!! Sorry!

Posts: 116 | From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, everybody has HICcups every now and again (sorry, couldn't resist that one!). Note that Indianapolis has a couple of extra letters in it too. That train from Indy will be the Cardinal - but you'll have missed the best bits! It's a single level Viewliner these days - it used to be Superliner until a couple of accidents elsewhere on the system rendered Amtrak short of them. However, you may see some odd cars attached to the end of the train as Indy is the home of a major Amtrak yard.

Have a good trip.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Mr.Norman i seemed to have overlooked the Auto Transport
that sounds like a great trip
but you may need another vacation to rest from this one.it is possible that i maybe on LSL
to Albany at that time

[This message has been edited by boyishcolt (edited 06-01-2004).]

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rheboi
Member # 2994

Rate Member
I arrive back home in NZ on Friday morning and start work the first Monday. I'll have the weekend to recover and regain my southern hemisphere clock.

My journey on the LSL departs Chicago on the 11th of June... I've got a standard sleeper... is that the LSL that you're on Boyishcolt?

boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is possible that i could be on that train
but the relatives i will be visting still have not left there Florida winter home yet so i am not sure at this time e-mail me if you can
barwell12@aol.com

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page