RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Superliner Roster

Author Topic: Superliner Roster
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I have been to several superliner roster pages, does anyone have one that is fairly easy to follow I am trying to get some info on derailed/wrecked superiner II's.

I have been to this site and I have found it the most useful out of several: http://trainweb.org/web_lurker/AmtrakSuperliner/

Thanks for the Help,

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to this site, and have also printed out the whole list, but sorry to say, that site has not been up dated for a long time, but at least you can get some good info from it!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I trust you noted, Mr. Ortiz, before you drew your conclusion "that site has not been up dated for a long time,", the cars lost at Flora on April 6 are reported.

Considering the "unremunerated labor of love" involved on the part of the site's owner, Mr. Lurker, it appears to be pretty well updated to me.

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2HOT4U
Member # 2928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2HOT4U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JONATHON:
I've been to this site, and have also printed out the whole list, but sorry to say, that site has not been up dated for a long time, but at least you can get some good info from it!

Thank you, you've been very helpful

Posts: 8 | From: Here and There, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
""I trust you noted, Mr. Ortiz, before you drew your conclusion "that site has not been up dated for a long time,", the cars lost at Flora on April 6 are reported.
Considering the "unremunerated labor of love" involved on the part of the site's owner, Mr. Lurker, it appears to be pretty well updated to me.""

Last time I checked it wasnt, but why do keep saying Mr.Ortiz?-
just call me by my Screen Name

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, thats a good site, but I wish it were a bit more organized...not that I could do better.

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In legislative bodies, which are of course a Forum in that all Legislators have the right to be heard without prejudice, Mr. Ortiz, Members are customarily addressed by title and surname.

A web Forum, particularly where the Members do not have face to face contact, that decourm I believe is even more important to maintain.

All of which boils down to why I address you as such and expect that you will return me the same courtesy.

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdplawman
Member # 3098

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for jdplawman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are things getting a bit STUFFY in here? This is simply a message board with the name RAIL FORUM attached to it. Let's relax and remember the purpose of a MESSAGE BOARD...to relay information and be helpful. Thanks.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
I know, i'm with jdplawman,

Just cal him Johnathon

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com

Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I agree that proper decorum fosters civil communications, to refer to Mr. 2HOT4U seems quite silly. I would think a simple Jonathon would indeed suffice.
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pismobum
Member # 2628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pismobum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In point of fact, the website (domecars) that contains the superliner roster page is updated almost daily (there are several hundred pages to the website). There simply have been no recent changes reported to me regarding superliner availability. And if you happen to note the 'last updated' date on the home page, that usually only gets changed if there is a site revision - not for photo additions or minor changes.
Posts: 114 | From: pismo beach CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pismobum
Member # 2628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pismobum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To those of us from the "old school" (well beyond puberty), certain rules of politeness were instilled by the prior generation, including always addressing elders by "Mr" "Mrs" Miss" unless invited to do so by the party involved. That ingrained habit often carries over into conversations regardless of age, and is used if there is not a mutually agreed upon recognition of familiarity. Of course us 'old farts' learned other degrees of politeness too (the majority of us would not even CONSIDER using F*** in the presence of a female in public except by accident).
Posts: 114 | From: pismo beach CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i find it refreshing that good manners are used
i think you will find you will earn more and gain better respect from others if you do this.

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dixiebreeze
Member # 3224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dixiebreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Norman is a gentleman and a scholar. Something of a lost art these days. I suspect he might be a born Southerner. That said, y'all may call me "Miss Dixie."
Posts: 133 | From: Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Politeness and respect costs nothing, neither does a spellchecker. A bit of both and everybody will be happy.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Put Geoff
i hope others will take this advice

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 cents.

Jonathon and I are both Californians. Out west is is more customary to address people by their first names. From what I understand people prefer more formality in the Eastern US where Mr. Norman is from. Nothing intrinsically right or wrong with either approach. Just different.

Interestingly, though, some people at my workplace picked up on calling me "Mr. Toy" when they realized it was fun to say.

2 cents now spent.

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 06-13-2004).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page