RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Sunset Limited Trip!

Author Topic: Sunset Limited Trip!
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, after all the bagging on the Sunset I've done on this website, I'm going to take the plunge. On 6/23 I'm taking the #2 all the way to NOL. The furthest I've previously have been is Tucson. While I'm exited to see a part of the country I've never seen before (only anticipating that we'll be running too late to see certain things during the day). I'm a seasoned Amtrak rider which means I expect NOTHING. One thing I can predict is that the #2 won't probably reach NOL until 4 or 5 in the morning. The earliest I've heard of it getting into NOL as of recent is about 2 in the morning (5 1/2 hours late). Hey, that won't be too bad; I'll save on having to get a hotel room! This will be one of my wild 'not sure what I'm going to do when I get there' trips. Any suggestions on things to see/what I MIGHT expect/24-7venues?

------------------
Patrick

Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page