RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My Amtrak Site Finlly getting somewhere!!!

Author Topic: My Amtrak Site Finlly getting somewhere!!!
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Theres still alot of things rong, but I finally got the page to display something other that: 404 error page cant be displayed-, soon it will be up, and there will be Amtrak stuff and free downloads and you will be able to submit Amtrak stuff of your own to the site!-
http://trainweb.org/amtrakfan/
-
see, still needs some work,- thanks for the software Chubbes,-

any tips would be helpful, Thank You

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to be the one to break this to you, but all I saw was a page of gibberish text. I don't know what the problem might be. I've never seen anything like it before. Sorry.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's all I saw as well.
Posts: 97 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there was me thinking Mr Toy was referring to Jonathon's spelling ability!

FYI, here is how it starts:
; ; Album 26/01/2004 22:29:03 ; Copyright (C) 2002 V Communications, Inc. All Rights Reserved ; Pages: 6 ; begin IxlaPhotoAlbum == 0 push_object IxlaPhotoAlbum def ,`build_as`,`dhtml`,yes, def ,`col`,0,yes,

It kind of looks like you're trying to run a javascript/ASP/Perl/CGI/DHTML on a server which doesn't support it. The HTML headers are missing completely.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2HOT4U
Member # 2928

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2HOT4U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geoffm:
And there was me thinking Mr Toy was referring to Jonathon's spelling ability!

Why son thats the funniest thing Ive heard in a while.

Posts: 8 | From: Here and There, USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only saw gibberish also. "Please egnore (sic) any links etc."

I did see that a .wav file is mentioned. Will we eventually hear an Amtrak horn sound?

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You prolly dont hav all yur files in it. Just AIM me jkchubbes
Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in the editor of the software I'm useing to build the site, I set it up so it has an Amtrak logo image, and when you hold your mouse over it, it plays a recording I made of the Pacific Surfliner-

who has a problem with my spelling

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now my web site trys to get you to download something and opens Microsaft Paint, any tips?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be sure you have the dropcloth ready.

Actually, I didn't see anything about the paint application, just the photo of the engine idling at LAUS. Did not see any hot spots or links to anything else.

[This message has been edited by MPALMER (edited 06-09-2004).]

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boyishcolt
Member # 3001

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for boyishcolt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who has a problem with your spelling? lol

i think you have been aware of this for a long time Jonathon
but it has been getting better

jus ty to kep workin on your spelin

lol -just kidding

Posts: 193 | From: illinois | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just give it up J man.
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you say, Mr. Ortiz, we get the quality of your spelling up to that of your photography (I just said something nice BTW).
Posts: 9983 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-

Thanks to an HTML editor I downloaded for free from DownLoad.com , check it out-

trainweb.org/amtrakfan

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about that, Jonathon. When I used the link you originally posted all I got was a blank box with the text "Amtrak Fan" at the lower left.

Best,

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there is an image there but it takes too long to download as it is over 900KB! Suggest you compress it a little!
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I fixed it, the image will fully display and it loads like normal, keep in mind the site is still undergoing changes, one minute its working, the next, its down, it will be working in a kinda on/off way while I put the pages together, I had them ready, then I found out that they wouldnt work, so I'll make some new ones for now that will give you something to see, hope its up soon

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw something! I like your "Under Construction" photo. Clever.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHA thats tight!

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now try it!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2nd Page is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- and also with a message, check it out!!!-

http//trainweb.org/amtrakfan

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
The sound has been added!!!!!

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page