RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Lower Levels on the Superliner Runs

Author Topic: Lower Levels on the Superliner Runs
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does any1 know where the Superliner Coaches rolled off 2? I was thinkin they were gettin the new IVb paint. Because a few monthes back some crews were using regular sleepers and when the transition dorms returned they were in new paint. Well if any1 knows or has another hypothesis of where they rolled to please post.

[This message has been edited by chubbes (edited 07-16-2004).]

Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What coaches are you talking about?
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Superliner Coaches
Posts: 98 | From: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to think the Good Lord gave me reasonable command of the Queen's language, but all I can come up whit here is:

HUH??????

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "any1" is "anyone," "2" is "to," and "IVb" means Phase IV paint. Add a few "g"s and delete a few "e"s (these are obviously just typos). Took me a while to realize that "rolled off 2" meant "moved to" rather than "became decoupled from Train #2."

I cannot wait for telephones to have full keyboards so that people would learn that thumb-saving abbreviations just do not translate to forums.

LOL!

Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chubbes
Member # 3250

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for chubbes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok ill say again. Does anybody know where the Superliner Coachs have gone, Some trains are putting Horizons in front of the Dorms and i was thinking that the coaches are being repainted to the new Scheme and getting its check up but iam not posotive. So wht iam asking is why are the Superliners coaches not present in some consists?
pismobum
Member # 2628

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pismobum   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that the question is clarified, the answer is there are a ton of them bad ordered for various maladies and no spares are available. According to one post (knowledgeable) they are 6 super coaches short of having enough cars to keep the regular consists on the road, and I doubt if that includes the 4 missing from 11/14 (normally run with 5 - have only had 4 this summer).
Posts: 114 | From: pismo beach CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he is asking where the Transtion Sleepers went, They were sent to Beach Grove to have a new vinel stripe and the new Logo added, I'll try and dig up the URL I read about it from internet explore's history

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page