RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Starting an Amtrak journey Thursday AM

Author Topic: Starting an Amtrak journey Thursday AM
fixj
Member # 3179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fixj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On Thursday, August 5, my wife, Pam and I will begin an anual trip to Nazareth PA for a Martin Guitar Fan event. This year we will travel by Amtrak. We leave from OKC at 8:30 and travel to Ft Worth. We will connect with the North bound 22 to Chicago, and then head east on the Three Rivers to Philadelphia. It's a short ride to Nazareth for our event. The return on Wednesday will be the reverse route. We have always tied a destination or event to an Amtrak trip to max our travel pleasure. No, we don't expect world class service on Amtrak, and yes, we can roll with the flow. Connection times are maxed to insure reliability. We know an open mind will make this trip a life long remembrance. After 35000 miles on Amtrak, I think we know what to expect. Sleepers all the way will improve the trip, but I was unable to get a deluxe on the three Rivers, and will still enjoy the standard setup. All but daily items will be checked through. We will have a great time. When I return, I will try and post a few notes about the trip. In the mean time, please think of us as we make this wonderful cross country pilgrimage.

Jim Fix

Posts: 24 | From: Panama City, FL | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like you have a great trip planned! I hope that you have a safe and wonderful experience, and please let us know how it goes when you return. I'll be heading from Flagstaff to Sacramento on Amtrak on Saturday, so I hope that both of our trips go well!
Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page