RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » --IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT-PC Dead- Will no londer be a very active member of RailForm--

Author Topic: --IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT-PC Dead- Will no londer be a very active member of RailForm--
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LabTop PC, a GateWay 500M has died, Hard Drive an all, so I will not be able to reply or make many post on this board, and the Construction of Amtrak Pages will have to come to a halt for a while, omost all my online work has stoped, , anyway, I will not be able to scan my trip photos to show you or anything like that, and since not all libarys have AOL, IM will not be easy, sorry about promissing to show you my trip photos, I will make re-post of my 04 Trip Report when Gate-Way fixes my problem, or get new pc or something, please feel Free to visit Amtrak Pages, its in working order, and, when I find a way to edit it, I'll add my "Why Should I Take The Train???" page to the Site, Please be Pationt

-Thank You-

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My LabTop PC"

Well you've been sitting your computer on top of a *** for one reason, I mean that's gotta be part of the problem. ̃

Also, I think you're overestimating your own importance to state your being unable to post much for awhile is an "IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT."

Good luck with getting it fixed or getting a new one. I myself am in a comparable situation and am posting this very message from my college's computer lab.

Posts: 97 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we realy do need a Moderater, and if you have a problem with me my IM is jonathonjb3, this is a public forum.

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JONATHON:
Looks like we realy do need a Moderater, and if you have a problem with me my IM is jonathonjb3, this is a public forum.

Do you understand that the 3 letter word thats bleeped out is, D-O-G

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JONATHON; Likely you know that I moderate an Amtrak Forum elsewhere. I guarantee you, that a thread such at this would, as soon as I had knowledge thereof, be "six feet under".

Nothing personal; simply the "law of the camp' for off topic material like this.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear of your loss. Check in when you can.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I forgot that this forum blocks out such a simple word as d o g. Who knows, that might not show up either.
Posts: 97 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats that sposed to mean
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
and a nother thing, empirbiulder, I didnt just post that to say I cant post often, but also because Amtrak Pages will not be having any changes to it

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
I should just leave this alone but here I am once again.

"QUOTE]Originally posted by JONATHON:
[B]My LabTop PC,
What is a "LobTop PC"????"

If you're going to make fun of his spelling, you could at least make sure to spell it the same way as him.

Jonathon, the d o g joke is funny because of the following. You said "labtop." The word you meant was "laptop," as in going on someone's lap. A lab is the short name for several types of lab d o g's.....black lab, chocolate lab, golden lab......get it? I was just trying to be funny and not trying to anger you.

Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I challenge anybody to be man enough to stand up and apologise for any previous derogatory comments made. No takers? I thought not.

Remember this is a family train forum for fans of trains. It is not a slanging match, nor for personal insults.

Let's keep it nice and on-topic.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
polarbearucla
Member # 2723

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for polarbearucla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geoffm:
I challenge anybody to be man enough to stand up and apologise for any previous derogatory comments made.

I would like to apologize to Jonathon on behalf of all who posted a derogatory comment. Spelling has never been my thing, and the bottom line is that we are discussing trains, not spelling.

Posts: 108 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure what my beloved (second only to my very own now-deceased 1992-03 Newfoundland) family's Labrador Retriever "Coalie'(1955-68) would have thought about being analogized to a laptop computer, JONATHON; even though all 90lbs of him was quite the "lap canine " (so was my 110lb "Newfie").

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 09-08-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 09-08-2004).]

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JFB
Member # 2520

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JFB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My own Lab once bore a PC on his back--for about three seconds--but it was an exercise of his own accord, and I wasn't happy about it.

For what it's worth: poor grammar is a credibility problem for the writer, not an affront to grammarians. If a post is so poorly written that deciphering it requires psychological guesswork and the recalling of your own 3rd-Grade essays, it's probably not worth reading. Don't take offense (and avoid pointing out the writer's "bad grammer"); just hit the Back button.

Posts: 60 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geoffm:
I challenge anybody to be man enough to stand up and apologise for any previous derogatory comments made. No takers? I thought not.

but geoff, this is an Amtrak Board, you cant ask that, we have to talk about Amtrak Amtrak Amtrak, like you said, remember?

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is really stupid you guys.

Jonathon for the 500th time please use spellcheck!!

labtop, sposed???

Im not trying to be mean, just trying to take out the anger in others. Only YOU can prevent this.

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
how an I sposed to keep them from making dum comments??

------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men and mice... just think about it Jonathan. It applies to any board - common decency, respect for others - and apologising when you've got it wrong, or were a little touchy.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M190
Member # 3009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't measure the worth of a human by how educated he/she. $.02
Posts: 106 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, if your LABtop is dead, how do you keep posting?
Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
never mind..

[This message has been edited by JONATHON (edited 09-09-2004).]

Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
JONATHON

M190 said something "NICE" about you.

He doth not measure a person's worth based upon their education.

He then signed off with shorthand for "my two cents worth".

Spelled out enough????

M190
Member # 3009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for M190     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<chuckling> Ya know Jonathan, you make it really hard to defend you sometimes! I only meant that was my two cents worth.
Posts: 106 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmpireBuilder
Member # 2036

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for EmpireBuilder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See Jonathon....this is why such simple things such as BEING ABLE TO READ are a big deal. People compliment you and you still think they're insulting you.

Lack of communication and understanding is how war starts.

CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two comments...(being friendly) unlike these goons.

SPELL CHECK

THINK before you post a topic.

Happy Firday

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, nothing changes here does it. I go away for 6 months and everyone is still fighting like children.

Come on folks, grow up.

Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
xxx

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 09-16-2004).]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page