RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » railsale

Author Topic: railsale
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no more rail sale???
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
City of Miami
Member # 2922

Icon 1 posted      Profile for City of Miami     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't find it today either. It was there Sunday though with a different format but it was there! I think it was under weekly specials under Hot Deals. Let's hope it reappears.
John

Posts: 326 | From: San Antonio Texas USA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisJ
Member # 320

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's there, but the link is missing that should be under Hot Deals. Go to "site map" (link for that is at bottom of home page) and you'll find it there. It's now called "weekly specials". I've already sent Amtrak an e-mail about it.

[This message has been edited by ChrisJ (edited 09-14-2004).]

Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boy these sales seem to change every minute. One minute a special fare on a certain train is available, the next minute its gone! its hard to plan a trip like this. Amtrak should at least keep its listings up for a week or two.
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, each of the listed trains is only allocated 8 Rail Sale seats per day. The more popular trains and dates are often "sold out" within an hour after they're first posted. You snooze, you lose.
Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmwnc1959
Member # 2803

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmwnc1959     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It used to be that Amtrak kept the 'Rail Sale' items posted through the next 'new' posting. Sometimes you could log on Wednesday's and watch as they added each new train and compiled the list one at a time.

Now it looks like they may be taking it off a day or so before the next new posting so that they can generate the new listing, then posting it in full Wednesday afternoon-ish.

Also I think that Hurricane Ivan effected the 'Crescent' and Sunset' Limited' routes so they took them off until next post.

Posts: 497 | From: Clarksburg, West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page