RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Something I'd Luv to see

Author Topic: Something I'd Luv to see
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major League Baseball Commisioner Bud Selig as a good will jester to congress he should order "his" owners...........

Teams should ride trains when ever possible. The Yankees must take the Acela to Boston and Baltimore. The Mets must take it to Philadelphia and Washington and vice versa. The Dodgers must ride to games in San Francisco and San Diego. The Cubs to St Louis, The White Sox to Detroit. I'm sure those blue collar union members would love to return to old time baseball to mingle with the populace at the train station. OK I'm a dreamer.

Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Capltd29
Member # 3292

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Capltd29   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss the Acela Club level in the MCI during the Non-Existant Washington Caps games!!!

Jon

Posts: 143 | From: Richmond, VA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cute. He would be a jester to propose that to his millionaire laborers.
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
spell check alert spell check ugh

I ment gesture, ment a nice gesture for that nice continued anti-trust waiver.

Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This would really boost the number of railfans interested in Major League Baseball [Big Grin] !
Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that the Washington Nationals did take the train to philadelphia this week.....
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, many sports teams do travel by train within cities in the Northeast corridor. They generally charter their own train with it being either acela or a set of metroliner equipment thus providing them with plent of room to spread out and the train can leave early or later than requested, based on the team's needs.
Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irish1
Member # 222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irish1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know that the new york football giants also charter amtrak trains a few times a year.
Posts: 175 | From: FENCE WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope many of the NEC Teams use Amtrak. Amtrak advertises alot on the radio broadcasts of the NBA and Baseball and Football teams. I think most of the teams use bus's for short trips.
Pojon
Member # 3080

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pojon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see service from Miami to Chicago again by way of Mobile, Alabama or by way of Atlanta and Nashville.
Posts: 287 | From: Palatka, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pojon
Member # 3080

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pojon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see an Auto Train from New York or New Jersey to Los Angeles! How about that?!
Posts: 287 | From: Palatka, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page