RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Cardinal - meal eastbound

Author Topic: Cardinal - meal eastbound
SouthernServesTheSouth
Member # 2284

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for SouthernServesTheSouth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cardinal (#50) leaves Chicago at 7:45 p.m. Will they be serving the sleeper passengers a meal that night?

We are scheduled to arrive on the Empire Builder at 3:40 p.m. but it has been know to be several hours late. Should I plan on eating in Chicago prior to leaving on the Cardinal?

Posts: 68 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeR
Member # 2633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately not...

I rode "The Card" in February and dinner the first evening was a wine and cheese snack; so definitely plan on going out to eat prior to getting on.

Posts: 38 | From: Highland, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernServesTheSouth
Member # 2284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernServesTheSouth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks,

Do you or anyone else have a suggestion as to where to have a early dinner on a Saturday in Chicago? If the Empire Builder arrives on time we will have 4 hours to kill before boarding the Cardinal.

Posts: 68 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Berghoff

I've "never gone wrong" recommending it to Amtrak travelers "passing through".

Is it the top place in town? of course not!. But it is darned good food at quite reasonable prices with a "come as you are" atmosphere.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeR
Member # 2633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Gilbert took the words right out of my mouth!
I would agree this is a great pick... their Sauerbraten is to die for!

Posts: 38 | From: Highland, NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page