RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New Coast Starlight Trip Report

Author Topic: New Coast Starlight Trip Report
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two months ago, I got back from my trip to Oregon from Los Angeles, I have been slowly working on a trip report and I am finally done and published it on my website. Here is the link to go read it, I will also have some of the videos from the trip on the site later today.

-Anton

TRIP REPORT-- http://www.trainweb.org/coaststarlight99/trip-report.htm

HOME PAGE-- www.trainweb.org/coaststarlight99

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anton, your report was great. Thank you. That strawberry cheesecake sure does look good.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anton:

FYI, the "railroad nail" is a date nail. The number was the date the tie was placed in track. Most railroads discontinued their use sometime in the fifties. In fact, 55 is about as late a date as I have ever seen.

George

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vline
Member # 1132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Anton, thanks for a really great travelogue. It helped pass my lunchtime at my desk really fast, which is not so good. Keep up the good work with your travel stories & I'm glad you like the Coast Starlight so much, it's also my favourite train to travel on, which I have done several, at least 5 times when I have holidays in your country.
Mike in Australia.

Posts: 60 | From: Ballan, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mike, sorry about your lunchtime.. [Smile]

--Anton

GrandmaLinda
Member # 3666

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrandmaLinda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anton, we really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for taking the time write it and add all the pictures. I am leaving Mon. with my 2 granddaughters, ages 8 & 11. We'll be going to Seattle, staying a week and then returning home to San Diego on the train.
My 8 yr. old granddaughter's favorite food is strawberry anything. She said if there isn't any more strawberry sauce for the cheesecake, she'll know who to blame.
The girls will be doing a daily trip journal, too, but it won't be posted here. I don't know how we could top yours!

Posts: 20 | From: Carlsbad, Calif. USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Thank you! I am sure you will enjoy your trip on the Coast Starlight..hopefully you will not be as late as I was!

-Anton

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page