RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Railroad Thriller - Novel

Author Topic: Railroad Thriller - Novel
railman83
Member # 3955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for railman83   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a novel coming out called "End of the Line" which is about a terrorist who takes on the nation’s rail system. Railroad management had, shall we say, "artistic differences" about the content of the book, particularly about the way management at this fictional railroad was portrayed as evil. I don't quite get that, but I am no longer employed because of it.

Anyway, I have the first chapter posted at my website Railtale.com and was hoping to get some feedback or a discussion going. I'll be speaking at the upcoming UTU regional meeting later this month and a BLE meeting hopefully in October. I hope to see any of you there.

I have a section on the website called "railtales" where you can read humorous true anecdotes about railroading submitted by railroaders. Whoever leaves the best story gets immortalized as a character name in my next book, if I survive to write it. Right now, a general chairman is winning by default.

I've read these boards and see a lot of insightful comments on many subjects. I was hoping for some feedback on how best to promote the book for railroad employees, and any feedback on the first chapter, website, etc.

Thoughts?

Posts: 4 | From: Fort Worth | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Railman -- how about giving us a link to your web site so we can review your tale?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beulah, peel me a grape!!!

http://www.railtale.com/

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have now read Chapter One; Mr. Parton, you are John J Nance (airthrillers) of the rails!!!!
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
railman83
Member # 3955

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for railman83   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gilbert, now if I can just get you to buy 100,000 copies for your closest friends and email the rest!

If we ever run into each other, I'll be sure to sign your copy!

Posts: 4 | From: Fort Worth | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page