RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Sunset-CS connections

Author Topic: Sunset-CS connections
dixiebreeze
Member # 3224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dixiebreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it still possible to connect from the Sunset to the CS in LA to travel north? Thank you.
Posts: 133 | From: Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course it is, Ms. Breeze.

Simply make hotel arrangements in LA (the Biltmore is a classic), line up some activities for the afternoon ("star gazing" if that's your thing), "have a "sleep-in' next morning and get on down to LAUPT to catch #14 which is scheduled to depart 23' 50" after your scheduled 1010AM arrival on #1.

Posts: 9976 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or if your daring as soon as the Sunset arrives you could run from the train to the ticket counter and buy tickets for the Starlight. You'll have plenty of time since its always early.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

www.facebook.com/kevinschillinger

Posts: 250 | From: Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas (Hometown El Paso, TX) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SunsetLtd:
Or if your daring as soon as the Sunset arrives you could run from the train to the ticket counter and buy tickets for the Starlight. You'll have plenty of time since its always early.

Yeah, I wish. [Razz]
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do i sense a small bit of sarcasim in the responses?
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well you'd be early for the next days train wouldn't you? Sort of like the old joke; A commuter askes another "Did I miss the 8:10 ? other says I don't know I'm still waiting for the 7:40!
Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page