RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Who makes the pre-made Kosher, Vegan and other special meals for AMTRAK?

Author Topic: Who makes the pre-made Kosher, Vegan and other special meals for AMTRAK?
aviva_dawn
Member # 4229

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aviva_dawn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had to rebook our Amtrak trip because the original dates had us traveling home on the first night of Passover. So now we're leaving OLW on the 16th of April instead of the 12th. (And we're leaving for Olympia on the 10th to avoid traveling on Shabbat.)

I was curious about the company that provides AMTRAK with Kosher meals on the Long Haul train routes. Does anyone know who it is?

I wanted to know so I could contact them and see if they could provide meals that are Kosher for Passover if a customer requests them in advance.

That way I'll know, if they don't/can't make arrangements for such a thing, I could bring non- perishable food on the trip with me in a small cooler on the way back from Olympia.

Thanks

--------------------
Next voyage on the STARLATE (and first on the Capitol Corridor):
April 8-11
LAX-SAC-RLN-SAC-BFD-RIV

Posts: 13 | From: Riverside, California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyed reviewing your website, Ms. Jones; your "new age' music selection is very relaxing.

I have often seen vegetarian dishes on Amtrak Dining Car menus in the past. Regarding kosher preparation, if your religious convictions call for such, I'm afraid that is an "out of luck'. It would simply be impractical to have a railroad dining car kitchen comply with "dietary laws'.

But it never hurts to ask; enjoy your trip.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually this is availabe...From the Amtrak Website:

Special Menus/Special Dietary Requirements

Availability and Notice: Special menu selections, including kosher, vegan, vegetarian, low sodium and low fat, low cholesterol menus are available on most trains with 72-hour advanced notice. (24-hour advanced notice is required for Metroliner and Acela Express First Class service.)

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Title_Image_Copy_Page&cid=1080080554479&c=am2Copy&ssid=272

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aviva_dawn
Member # 4229

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aviva_dawn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay...I figure that if there are Kosher meals available, I should be okay.

Thanks guys!

--------------------
Next voyage on the STARLATE (and first on the Capitol Corridor):
April 8-11
LAX-SAC-RLN-SAC-BFD-RIV

Posts: 13 | From: Riverside, California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page