RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » All packed and ready to go!!

Author Topic: All packed and ready to go!!
mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's come round already. I fly out to DC in just 24 hours for the williams marathon of Washington - Grover Beach on the Capitol, Empire Builder, Coast Starlight and Pacific Surfliner, a total of four days & four nights on Amtrak.

The weather forecast doesn't look too good but in the past it's had a habit of changing for the better as soon as I reach the US so hopefully I'll bring my luck with me again.

Thanks to all those who provided info & suggestions and I will, of course, write up the travelogue when I get back.

Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy !!!
Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip. I am looking forward to your outstanding After-Action (aka: Trip Report) Reports!

One question; What day are you departing Chicago westward on the 'Empire Builder'?

Asking because I'll be in Chicago Union Station Tuesday, April 18 awaiting departure on the 'California Zephyr'. Perhaps we'll cross tracks so to speak.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoy Mr.Williams. I also would be interested in your critique of the new downgraded dining service....if you will be on one of those targeted trains. Otherwise, enjoy the ride!
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you have a wonderful time, Mr W, and you too David. And David, I will check the news while you are on the Zephyr to see if they report on any of those Nevada "Elvis" sightings.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ohiolor
Member # 4361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ohiolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip Mr Williams!

David...I think we will cross tracks on Tues. My mom and I will be arriving on the Lake Shore Limited and will be leaving on the Southwest Chief on the 18th. I hope we will have a chance to meet. Just look for a 50ish female with long hair and limping from a broken foot....lol.
Lorrie

Posts: 2 | From: NE Ohio | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great trip, David and Mr. Williams. I am sure we all look forward to reading a super report from each of you on your return.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a good trip. Wave when you pass Salinas.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ohiolor:
Have a great trip Mr Williams!

David...I think we will cross tracks on Tues. My mom and I will be arriving on the Lake Shore Limited and will be leaving on the Southwest Chief on the 18th. I hope we will have a chance to meet. Just look for a 50ish female with long hair and limping from a broken foot....lol.
Lorrie

I'll keep an eye out for you and your mother. If it's damp and chilly I'll stay pretty close to the metropolitan lounge......which would be OK. I've not been through CUS since the last remodel.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page