RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Amtrak trains to get the 180 day notices after July 1st 2006 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Amtrak trains to get the 180 day notices after July 1st 2006
Liberty Limited
Member # 4300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liberty Limited   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by rtabern:
I would put my money on CRICKETS CHIRPING.

-

Hope you won enough money to take a trip!

--------------------
History of Baltimore and Baltimore Transit - Visit http://www.btco.net !

Posts: 86 | From: Baltimore | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pojon2
Member # 4048

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Pojon2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matt has been taken advantage of! All my sources do not agree with him (BNSF).
Posts: 35 | From: Palatka, FL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the benefit of those not living in the US, and thus don't get domestic US news, can someone confirm the news (or lack thereof)?

Or should I take the picture of the cricket as evidence? Did Matt single-handedly and heroically save the day?

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liberty Limited
Member # 4300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liberty Limited   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff,

There is a complete lack of any such reports of trainoffs. Not a peep.

Given the depth and specificity of his posts - the date, trains affected, and the "gag orders" issued, and how it rowled a lot of people up on multiple rail boards, I really do think that an explanation is in order.

--------------------
History of Baltimore and Baltimore Transit - Visit http://www.btco.net !

Posts: 86 | From: Baltimore | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtraxmaniac
Member # 2251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtraxmaniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have not been on the boards in several months-can somebody explain what is going on? So the rumor that trains 1-8 58-59 are going to be cut is false?

--------------------
Patrick

Posts: 387 | From: Bakersfield, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Appears to be nothing more than hogwash.
The main perpetrator of this hoax has lost what minimal credibility he had.
It is also interesting to note that the two "Save our Trains" groups he touts and names himself as Director of one -- appear to have no more than a handful of members. While I admit I did only a cursory Google search -- I find nothing that would give either he or the two groups any credible standing.

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Virginia, there IS a Moderator.

Now how about completing the job and locking this one as well.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other thread was a test to see if there really is a moderator. [Big Grin] [Cool]

And Gilbert, I could probably get this one locked, too. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isnt it interesting we havent heard from BNSF1088 since July 1st?
Posts: 416 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boyce
Member # 2719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BNSF1088 was branded on other RR forums but still appears to be active, nonetheless.
Posts: 113 | From: San Antonio, Texas,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rresor
Member # 128

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rresor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I noted earlier, I can confirm that on July 15 (note new date, revised from July 3) an alien spaceship will beam all Amtrak equipment off-world (my source thinks Mars will be the destination). At the same time, Amtrak HQ will be sent back in time to 1948, and Amtrak management will be replaced by the passenger department of the Pennsylvania Railroad.

I've worked in the railroad industry for 29 years, so all of this must be true.

Posts: 614 | From: Merchantville, NJ. USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page