RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Train #2 (26)

Author Topic: Train #2 (26)
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Train #2 has been anulled by a freight derailment on the UP at someplace called Glamis. Don't know if they are going to bus the passengers or not. Train #1 terminated in Palm Springs, passengers bussed.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

www.facebook.com/kevinschillinger

Posts: 250 | From: Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas (Hometown El Paso, TX) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glamis vice Gilmis

Google

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Offical Serivce Advisory:

Service Alert: Sunset Limited and Texas Eagle Trains Canceled Due to Union Pacific Derailment at Glamis, Arizona

July 26, 2006, 4:00 pm PST

Due to Union Pacific freight derailment at Glamis, Arizona, Amtrak Sunset Limited trains 2(26) and 1(27) are cancelled along the entire route with no alternate transportation. Texas Eagle train 21/421(27) is cancelled west of San Antonio, Texas with no alternate transportation.

Passengers traveling to Phoenix, Tucson, El Paso and St. Louis will be re-accommodated on the Southwest Chief train 4 where they will board buses at Flagstaff, Albuquerque and Kansas City to their final destinations. The railroad is estimated to reopen by Friday, July 28.

Passengers are encouraged to call 800-USA-RAIL or visit Amtrak.com for updated information on this temporary service disruption.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

Posts: 250 | From: Texas State University-San Marcos, Texas (Hometown El Paso, TX) | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunsetLtd
Member # 3985

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunsetLtd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also it lists Train 1 is being cancelled with no alternate transporation. But Train #1 is listed on the train status page as being 20 mins late out of Beaumont, TX. So does anyone know if it will be running all the way to LA? It would arrive LA friday the day UP says they'll reopen the track.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Amsunset

Boyce
Member # 2719

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boyce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Norman: Assuming you are using "vice" as a preposition meaning "a substitute"; What is your point? Ah, I see, your refernce to "Google" results for scooters is all too clear and you say you have no sense of humor!!
Posts: 113 | From: San Antonio, Texas,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, well done Mr. Norman. Too subtle for me just now, though. Thanks to Boyce for clearing it up.

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm - I believe Glamis is actually in California, south of the Salton Sea. But no matter where it is, why would they run #1 all the way to Palm Springs before annulling it? Palm Springs is DEFINITELY west of Glamis...... or was it Train #2 which only ran to Palm Springs?
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I noted at another posting here, Google is no longer an "ars gratia artis' research tool. It's primary goal is to sell advertising and obviously in their wisdom the only reason one would have occasion to be interested in Glamis CA would be to ride dirt bikes.

I wonder how much spam I will get from dirt bike dealers because I made that map inquiry.

Sic transit Google, it was great while it lasted. The IPO apparently has changed all that.

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind Google maps, you can find Glamis as far as UP is concerned here:

http://socalrailfan.com/subdivisions/up_yuma_sub.html

Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know for a fact the Sunset went through Ontario yesterday around 3:35 PM.

I was in the Ontario convention center taking the California Bar Exam. During the test a distinctive K5LA could be heard. Had to be the Sunset. So is this the one that only went as far as Palm Springs?

Another question. If Amtrak is putting them on the Chief does this mean the train I'm taking tomorrow (#4 tomorrow night) will be extra long, extra crowded, or will the Sunset be running as normal?

BTW, if anyone is going to be at the Fullerton station tomorrow night come on over and say hi. I'll be east of the pedestrian bridge awaiting my sleeper. I'll likely be wearing a Fox Racing shirt and have my scanner and headphones. (My name is Matt)

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Southwest Chief - I clicked on your web site and enjoyed your model RR photos!! We rode the Silverton train on our vacation, and the structures in your model look pretty realistic!!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Southwest Chief:
I was in the Ontario convention center taking the California Bar Exam.

OT Mr.Chief; always remember with any professional exam, 'you can feel you did just terribly and still pass'.

GBN, CPA

Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks RRRICH...The structures are mostly Pola and Piko kits. They make great products.

And Thanks Mr. Norman...It was a grueling experience. Come November I'll find out the good or bad news [Eek!]

--------------------
Matt
Visit gallery for photos of our train layouts

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PaulB:
Never mind Google maps, you can find Glamis as far as UP is concerned here:
http://socalrailfan.com/subdivisions/up_yuma_sub.html

I keep getting "cannot find server or DNS error"
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page