RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Trip Long-Amtrak from TAC-SEA-CHI-SYR-NYP

Author Topic: Trip Long-Amtrak from TAC-SEA-CHI-SYR-NYP
SubwayNut
Member # 3948

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SubwayNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got back two weeks ago from my first Amtrak Cross-Coutry Trip, and have just now fished typing up my TripLog with lots of photos.
 -
Click on Amtrak Cascades Mt Adams Talgo to get to it.

Posts: 38 | From: Manhattan, NY/Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beacon Hill
Member # 4431

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beacon Hill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you enjoyed your stay in the northwest! The Seattle Monorail is back running now, it was built in 1962 for the Seattle World's fair and spare Monorail parts do not exist, so problems can take a while to fix. After the last crash the damaged doors had to be rebuilt by the Seattle Opera scene shops.
Posts: 78 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subway Nut - I enjoyed reading your trip report, and glad you enjoyed youe cross-country AMTRAK experience!! One thing though -- some of your links to subsequent pages of your story seem to have been "mis-programmed," but I was able to find all parts of your story fine!!
Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the same problem with some of the links but was able to find my way. Great report! Thanks for posting it.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Subway Nut...nice report and photos.Thank you. Also give my regards to the E and F trains. I traveled on them many times from Union Turnpike to Manhattan until I moved last year.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SubwayNut
Member # 3948

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SubwayNut   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you enjoyed my trip report, I hope now the navigation of the report is now working fully.

(Can't wait for my next long Amtrak Journey)

--------------------
Visit my trains and subways website: www.subwaynut.com (It has more then just subways!)

Posts: 38 | From: Manhattan, NY/Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page