RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » NOL-LAX Trip Report

Author Topic: NOL-LAX Trip Report
Steve O.
Member # 2993

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a trip report of my NOL-LAX trek on #1, click the link below. I have 71 pictures posted on there which I took...most of them came out OK.

web page

Just to summarize briefly, the trip was excellent...good service, good food, only 20 min late into LAX...pretty much flawless.

The coaches were all about 1/2 full...Sleepers were full.

Consist out of NOL:

2 p42
1 baggage car
1 transition sleeper
1 sleeper
1 dining
1 lounge (newly refurbished...gorgeous!)
2 coaches

--------------------
Good morning America, how are ya?

44,950 Amtrak rail miles traveled since August 18, 2003.

Posts: 135 | From: Atlanta, GA / New Orleans, LA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20thCenturyLimited
Member # 1108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20thCenturyLimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Job. I am familiar with the airliners.net site and I know that those guys over there are all about planes planes planes, and could care less about trains, so it's good that you're exposing them to the real joys of rail travel.
Posts: 134 | From: New York, New York USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mr. Native -- your link does not work with my office computer........

Rich K

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nor my home computer -------------

Dee

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liberty Limited
Member # 4300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liberty Limited   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it's a little bit of a link issue with the "http" showing up twice. After some tinkering with the address line, I found it..

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/89159/

--------------------
History of Baltimore and Baltimore Transit - Visit http://www.btco.net !

Posts: 86 | From: Baltimore | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Native son - wonderful report and great pictures. You do need to fix your link as not everyone will continue on to Liberty's corrected link. I will be taking the trip, both directions, in January. Recently took the Coast Starlight and it had a lounge car like the one you pictured. Your report has increased my already high level of anticipation. I have been monitoring the timeliness of the Sunset; it does better westbound, averaged 2.5 hours late in October, 5 hours late eastbound.
Again, a great report, wonderful pictures.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gp35
Member # 3971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gp35     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weather cleared up fast in the 20 mile trip between New Iberia and Lafayette.

Next time get a picture of the Beaumont skyline from the Neches River bridge. I'll show you where I work.

Posts: 562 | From: Beaumont Texas | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pictures.

And your one airplane picture? The two international airlines that are based in Taiwan. Eva Airlines, owned by Evergreen in the front and China Airlines with the plum blossom on the tail behind it.

George

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page