RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Train Surfer- Off topic

Author Topic: Train Surfer- Off topic
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click here

I know it off topic, but worth Sharing

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20thCenturyLimited
Member # 1108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20thCenturyLimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy crap, really crazy, but I guess, like the video said, he felt he had "nothing to lose".
Posts: 134 | From: New York, New York USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, Pretty crazy
Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 20thCenturyLimited:
Holy crap, really crazy, but I guess, like the video said, he felt he had "nothing to lose".

No, the video said, "nothing to loose". LOL
Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaulB
Member # 4258

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaulB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of me actually thinks this would be cool to try. It looked like he was tied in to some handle on the window.
Posts: 286 | From: Knee deep in the retention tank | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me like the kind of high power suction cup device glaziers use to move large, heavy panes of glass. Still incredibly dangerous and not real smart.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Jonathon, Jonathon ---- where do you come up with this stuff?

Interesting video............ looks like it was filmed overseas (France maybe? the train was an "ICE" I see.....)

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20thCenturyLimited
Member # 1108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20thCenturyLimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Germany. ICE = InterCity Express
Posts: 134 | From: New York, New York USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't ICE trains run to other European cities? I thought I saw one at Amsterdam Centraal Station in September?

Frank in very warm SBA.

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I finally broke down and watched the video. Considering the risk taken and the trauma experienced by those that have to pick up the scattered body parts when these things go wrong, these activiites are some sort of monument to stupidity and selfishness. Everyone involved should have jail time in my humble opinion.

Anybody who will choose to have their life depend upon a large suction cup and a small rope is quite a few bricks short of a load in the brain department.

Yes, this is an ICE train, but not on one of the dedicated high speed lines. However, even on the "ordinary" German railway, the speeds are up to 160 to 200 km/h (=100 to 125 mph). As noted some train run through to Amsterdam and other points in adjacent countries, but most of the milage is in Germany. (On the dedicated high speed lines, the speeds can be up to 300 km/h = 186 mph.)

Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering that he was terminally ill, he wasn't taking that much of a risk.

But for the rest of us, that sort of thing would be what we techies call an "I-D-10-T Interface Problem."

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page