RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Happy Holidays to All!

Author Topic: Happy Holidays to All!
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope your 2007 train trips are all wonderful!
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A happy holiday season and a happy, healthy and peaceful year to all.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRCHINA
Member # 1514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRCHINA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Properous New Year to all at this site.
Posts: 467 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinStarRocket
Member # 2142

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinStarRocket     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked Santa for 40 Superliner consists with traditional sightseer lounges and diners. In the spirit of Christmas I will give them to Amtrak as soon as he delivers.

Happy holidays to all and thank you for another year of enjoyable conversation. May visions of bagpipes and ponies dance in your heads.

Posts: 1572 | From: St. Paul, MN | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. I think Mr Harris gets a visit from Santa first? Then perhaps Mr Williams just before me, with maybe Mr Toy being one of the last on the north west coast?

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to all my fellow forum members!!! Keep those dreams of sugar plums and speeding (on-time!!!) locomotives in your head, as well as the bagpipes and ponies. Happy Rail Year!!

--Rich K

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HopefulRailUser
Member # 4513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for HopefulRailUser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes from a new member who has enjoyed this forum more than you can imagine. What a great group of people and what an interesting thing railroad travel is! I have learned so much from you all and I can actually picture the bagpipes and ponies when I think of trains. Here's to another year of learning and enjoying the world of Amtrak and its devoted and knowledgeable fans.

--------------------
Vicki in usually sunny Southern California

Posts: 951 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HopefulRailUser:
...I can actually picture the bagpipes and ponies when I think of trains.

Jeez, Nurse Vicki, you seemed so normal when you first joined us...

But I digress. Merry Christmas, everyone. And may the New Year bring you peace and happiness (and if it doesn't, try out that drum therapy idea).

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernServesTheSouth
Member # 2284

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthernServesTheSouth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas – Happy Holiday and Happy New Year to all. May all your Amtrak travel plans for 2007 be successful.

This has to be the best bunch of people on the web. You are always helpful and full of timely knowledge. The best part is the humor that is blended in with the comments posted here.

We may not always agree with some comments but, but everyone agrees to disagree as ladies and gentlemen. No “bomb throwers” here.

A special greeting to the Amtrak employees posting here…Thanks for making our travel experiences this past year memorable.

SSTS

Posts: 68 | From: Lynchburg, Virginia USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays everyone. I enjoyed reading these posts so much. This particular thread is lifting my spirits! At least our tree will be decorated by this evening. Then I'll play some Christmas music and go outside to hear the New Hope& Ivyland RR's old #40 steam whistle by the Sugan Rd. crossing. I love her sound! Eventhough we have our differences you all are wonderful. A healthy and fortuitous New Year for all. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD TRAIN RIDE!
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graynt
Member # 17

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for graynt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes happy holidays to all on this forum. I just realized I took six major trips this year, two on AGR..and I just got back from a quick coach trip from Chicago to Reno last week. I was hoping for a huge snowfall in Denver when I went. It was 60..today they are having two feet of snow..mother nature. Heres to great travels to all in 2007 and the return of full dining service on all the trains!

--------------------

Posts: 176 | From: Bloomsburg Pa | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I took a ride on the Strasburg RR on Sunday as part of our pre Christmas trip to visit family. What a wonderful excursion.

It was the last trip of the day so it was not crowded and we were in the last car, an old combine (magnificently restored as are all Strasburg equipment and locomotives).

A young boy (nine years old) beat me to the last seat in the car where you could see the engine (or the track behind on the return trip.) I worry about all us old gray hairs being the end of the raifans. Not so. This young man was so excitied. The conductor had him help put the flags up on the rear platform and assist with the backup move of the engine to the train. Just as we were leaving, Santa appeared with his presents for the kids, including our friend.

We then proceeded through the magnificent Amish countryside in the gathering dusk with oil lamps in the car, a warm coal stove, and the soft whistle of the engine (N&W 475) making us think it was 1906 not 2006. An Amish family and their *** waved to the train as we proceeded through the picnic grove. After turning at Paradise, on the return well dressed carolers appeared to put all in the Christmas spirit and this was follwed by an outstanding brass duo that played wonderful holiday songs as we returned. A truely magical trip.

Merry Christmas to all!

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never worked out whether Santa delivers from East to West or (as he starts from the North Pole), North to South! But whichever it is may I wish you all the compliments of the season and let us hope that 2007 brings us a more peaceful world.
Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMEN Mr. Williams
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May everyone have the best Holiday Season ever,
On Dec. 27 I leave Los Angeles on the Tezas Eagle
for Fort Worth leaving there to come home on the
Jan 1st. While in Texas the Age of Steam Railroad
Museum, Grapevine Vintage Railroad on Dec 30 and the Texas State Railroad Museum on Dec 31st, my birthday. A story will be forthcoming after I return.
http://www.trainweb.org/chris

Happy New Year everyone!

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another year at Railforum went by so fast. Happy Holidays!
Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeeCT
Member # 3241

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeeCT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Holidays to All !!!

May 2007 bring Peace and Joy (and at least one great train trip).

Dee

Posts: 460 | From: North Central CT | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas one and all. I'll go to bed with dreams of #40 in my head!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page