RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » I'm in Sacramento!!

Author Topic: I'm in Sacramento!!
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm at the Vagabond INN, I'm about to go the Train museum here in Sacramento, some of you may have seen on the news, we hit a Semi truck along the way, we were 8 hours late into SAC, I just got here a around 8:00 in the morning, and now that its past 10 the museum is open, so thats where I'm headed

--------------------
JONATHON D. ORTIZ

My MySpace

CoastStarlight@Gmail.com

Amtrak Pages WebSite

Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out China Camp Restaurant; my favorite in OLDSAC
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Norman--

I think China Camp is now, and has been for quite awhile, called California Fats. Still owned by the Fat family.

Frank in VERY warm (mid-90's) SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, Jonathon, you do get around! [Cool]

Where was the truck collision? I can't find it on the news sites. You may recall my train hit a truck last November not far from home. Was it another produce truck? The Starlight seems to hit a lot of those. [Frown]

Have fun. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sacramento would be nice. I'm contemplating another trip there myself.......the thing is that I've been on the California Zephyr about three times since my last trip on the Southwest Chief so.............

Suffice to say that with 35,000 Guest Reward points I'm going to be going somewhere soon. The only trains 'off the table' are the Silver Service trains or the Sunset/Eagle. I've been on those within the past 12 months.

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hull
Member # 4465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Hull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fats restaurant is well worth a visit, and also the bookshop at the Museum. I've spent far too much money there on my past two visits. In November we were eight hours late into SAC from Galesburg and that was without hitting anything!
Enjoy your visit.
John

Posts: 41 | From: Yaxham, Norfolk, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page