RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New Member

Author Topic: New Member
Cozyharbor
Member # 4868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cozyharbor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone!

Over the last year I've had the opportunity to take Amtrak from Boston to Seattle and Portland, Oregon via the Lake Shore Ltd and Empire Builder. I've also taken the Cascade from Seattle to Portland, OR. What a way to go! I absolutely love it and am taking another trip next week on the LSL and EB for the 3rd time and can't wait.

Since I'm new at this and haven't necessarily gotten all the train lingo down, I hope you'll bear with me if I don't get the terms down right!

Meanwhile, I'm very excited about my trip next week and was wondering if anyone knows if the LSL is having any troubles with all the recent snow? I'll be getting on in Pittsfield, MA; transfer in Albany and then overnight it to Chicago, where I'll board the EB to Wishram, WA.

Anyone know about the Wishram station? I'll be arriving at 7:30 am but my car rental (going through Enterprise) won't arrive till about 8:30, so I'm hoping there's inside seating and the station is safe.

Guess that's all for now. I've been reading all the posts and especially enjoy the recent polls about favorite and least favorite train stops, best meals, etc. and plan on responding.

Nice to meet everyone!

Cozyharbor

--------------------
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Posts: 15 | From: Maine | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And welcome to you. Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Looks like Wishram will have indoor waiting.

Wishram station

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A hearty welcome!

Don't worry about the lingo. I didn't know much my first day here, either. But I did get a good education from the others. They taught me everything I know.

I look forward to your contributions. A fresh voice is always helpful.

--------------------
The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cozyharbor
Member # 4868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cozyharbor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks notelvis for the link to the Wishram station. Very thoughtful of you to post it!

Cozyharbor

--------------------

Posts: 15 | From: Maine | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cozyharbor
Member # 4868

Rate Member
Thanks Mr. Toy for the warm welcome!

Cozyharbor

--------------------

notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cozyharbor:
Thanks notelvis for the link to the Wishram station. Very thoughtful of you to post it!

Cozyharbor

Cozyharbor - when you go back to that link, you can click 'home' to get to the front page of that website.

I recommend bookmarking the site because it has pictures of virtually every Amtrak station. You will learn to love it!

While nothing beats firsthand narrative, I often begin planning a trip with this website just to see if it looks like the kind of place I'd want to wait for a train at!

--------------------
David Pressley

Advocating for passenger trains since 1973!

Climbing toward 5,000 posts like the Southwest Chief ascending Raton Pass. Cautiously, not nearly as fast as in the old days, and hoping to avoid premature reroutes.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dixiebreeze
Member # 3224

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dixiebreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Notelvis, what a great site to find stations!
Posts: 133 | From: Florida, U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNCMAXQ
Member # 4875

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNCMAXQ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new here too. Just signed on today. [Smile] Glad to be here. I don't take Amtrak all that often but I make a couple of trips a year from New Haven to DC and have always enjoyed the comfort and convenience of the train.

My latest trip (on Acela Express) concluded yesterday and went very smoothly. It was the first time in a while there were no delays, and on both legs of the trip the train arrived a bit early! [Smile] That always helps. I look forward to sharing ideas and info on this forum.

Posts: 17 | From: CT | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcometo the "crew". It;s nice to have you aboard. It's great having input and opinions from all over the countries.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
20th Century
Member # 2196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 20th Century     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome new members. Also glad to have more aboard.
Posts: 498 | From: New Hope, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page