RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Zephyr re-route today ?

Author Topic: Zephyr re-route today ?
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am scheduled to take the Zephyr (#6) today out of SAC for CHI. I found out this morning that there is a UP derailment near Crockett, CA which has disrupted service. I spoke to an Amtrak agent who confirmed a problem, but had no current info. A poster on the Trainorders board says that #6 will be re-routed over Altamont Pass between Livermore and Tracy. Guess I will be killing time in Old Sacramento this morning. Stay tuned.
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RussM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak has confirmed that #6 is detouring, and that the passengers will ride the detour (heading south out of EMY ). Lucky dogs ! As of 8:45am, it was still in the yard, and had not left EMY. Probably waiting for a pilot for the Altamont route.
Posts: 133 | From: Canaan, CT | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, time to retrace the steps of the 'real deal' CZ.

If this, Russ M, is your first ride on the WP, you will find much of the line resembles an interurban, which through Sacramento, is exactly what it was (i.e. the SN).

Of course, I should be mindful that Amtrak's CZ could be considered 'the real deal' in so much as it has been around for almost 37 years (it was named San Francisco Zephyr for a while); the railroad version only lasted until 1970, or 21 years.

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be out there taking pictures! I would post the re-route pictures here, but since it takes a rocket scientist to figure out how to post pictures on this forum I will not be doing it. However, I will post over on Trainorders.com when I get home. I NEVER thought I would see the Zephyr coming through my home town! Cool stuff.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mr. Daley is a Member here at Railforum and I thank him in advance for presumably allowing an image post of his material here at the Forum.

Mr. Smith, if you can upload your material to a website, such as one that is offered by Comcast to its subscribers, then simply set up a URL link from your material, as displayed at the Properties dialog, at that site to here, or otherwise Copy the address at the site and Paste it here. That will establish a URL link over to the "home" site.

This site supports UBB Code, which means if you want to display the image, subject to the rules of this Forum if applicable, enter [img] at the head of the link and [/img] at its end.

Until I got kicked out Dec 27 last, I was never able to figure out how to add photographic material to Trainorders. Since then I haven't too much reason to think about it.

Posts: 9977 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
As of noon, #6 was in the Stockton area, and is due into SAC about 1:15 pm.
RussM
Member # 3627

Member Rated:
#6 finally arrived in SAC AT 2pm. Trip from EMY via Stockton took about 5 hours !!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page