RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » C.S. Re-Launch is now June 10.

Author Topic: C.S. Re-Launch is now June 10.
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just put some pics up.. thought yall might want to see over here....

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,1663188,1663601#msg-1663601

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm planning on being on-board for the first relaunched train out of LAX. I can't wait!

Thanks for the pics and updated info dude!

Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reports I've read from NARP and elsewhere indicate there will be a "gradual rollout" of upgraded amenities starting in late May. June 10 will be the official grand opening.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Tomorrow's the day that #14 goes all the way".
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoop
Member # 4607

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoop     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if they gradually roll things out, the big question is, will the Parlour Car have an attendant before June 10th?

Otherwise those $8,000 espresso machines and flat panel TV's downstairs will just be "for show".

Posts: 54 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smitty195     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoop:
So if they gradually roll things out, the big question is, will the Parlour Car have an attendant before June 10th?

Otherwise those $8,000 espresso machines and flat panel TV's downstairs will just be "for show".

It probably won't matter anyway. The attendant won't be able to figure out how to work it ("I was never told how to turn it on"), and the TV will be broken after the first trip---never to work again.
Posts: 2355 | From: Pleasanton, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jarrod
Member # 4318

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarrod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the Parlour Cars won't be part of the consists until the relaunch. Only 2 out of 5 Parlour Cars are in Los Angeles right now. 2 more are on their way from Chicago (on the end of May 4th's Southwest Chief)...Has anyone else heard any different about them being on before June 10?
Posts: 82 | From: San Lorenzo, CA | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty195
Member # 5102

Member Rated:
One of the two Coast Starlight customer service managers I spoke with last week in Los Angeles (her name is Elizabeth) said that the plan is to NOT run the Parlours until the official re-launch. That would be pretty cool if I get to ride on the first revenue run with a PPC on June 10th. I hope this has been worth the wait!! We shall see. I'll give a trip report once I log onto my laptop at the hotel on the night of the 11th.
tommers207
Member # 3930

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tommers207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Smitty but what would be cool would be having a PPC on the May 10th trip that I'll be on! One of the attendants at Fullerton Railroad Days said it might be a possibility.

--------------------
Remember no matter where you go, there you are - Buckaroo Bonzai

Posts: 45 | From: Fullerton, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page