RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Ready to try Amtrak (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ready to try Amtrak
Joe Urda
Member # 8938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Urda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the update on the parking at the Paoli lot. I'll give both a call.

Joe

Posts: 85 | From: Finger Lakes Region of NY | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Urda
Member # 8938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe Urda   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain the reasoning behind this?

I was plugging in different dates for the Phila-Atl. trip. They are all over the place.

Phil-Atl Dec 1-Mon-roomette-$252, Bedroom-$358
Atl-Phila Dec 8-Mon-roomette-$252, Bedroom $441

Phila-Atl Dec 6-Sat-roomette-$252, Bedroom-$276
Atl-Phila- Dec 13-Sat-roomette-$252, bedroom-$276

Phila-Atl Dec 7-Sun-roomette-$311, Bedroom-$358

The one that makes no sense is the roomette for $252 and a bedroom for $276. That's a no brainer if I was to be on that trip. Can that be correct?

Thanks,

Joe

Posts: 85 | From: Finger Lakes Region of NY | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joe, It is called supply and demand coupled with the Yield management software Amtrak uses to maximize revenue from sales.
Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Urdahere:
The one that makes no sense is the roomette for $252 and a bedroom for $276. That's a no brainer if I was to be on that trip. Can that be correct?
Joe

Sure can!
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page